Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Seen internals today!

chevytrucks92
03-15-2006, 09:35 PM
and they are pertiful!, lol.

Nice, polished up 4340 Scat crank. 6 inch H-beam rods. Dome Mahle coated pistons. They're supposed to be very light weight. It all looked great. I should have it no later then Saturday.

Its sure enough going to have 13.5:1 compression and with 1.6 roller rockers, he said the cam will have around a .660 inch lift.

Its horsepower will never actually be known, BUT, a flat-top 406 (wasn't the one i ran, but i assume it was similar) with my exact heads (literally, they were the heads that are now mine) that ran on pump gas made 548 horsepower, and he said my 383 will be alot stronger then that.

So, if everything works like it should, then I see no reason why I won't be able to beat a 1.464 60'. Reason I say that is because that was my best ever 60' and that came with a flat top 406 (the one I destroyed).

If all goes well, we'll find out next Saturday!

And I guess I'm addicted to racing, because I'm already making plans for my back up motor, lol. It'll start with the shortblock I've been running and it's going to stay a 355 probably, but its going to get dome pistons and MAYBE alluminum rods (not a big fan of those though, but you can rev a little higher with them). Not decided on that yet though.

And, I'm goign to get the same shop building my 383 to do me another set of heads. They'll be better then the ones I got. He said that type made 580 some hp. on the same 406 that mine made 548.

But anyways, I should have a 383 this weekend, and its going to be a nice one! Lets keep our fingers crossed that everything works fine and that next Saturday, I can post up some 6.60s passes (be extra nice to brag about 6.50s passes :eek: ).

clawhammer
03-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Why don't you just do like 3 passes on the dyno for like $100?

losingxposer
03-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Because for one it's not the same thrill as racing down the strip

CBFryman
03-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Im assuming time on the Dyno with tuning is just as beneficial as time on the Mic with tuning for SPL. :)

chevytrucks92
03-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Why don't you just do like 3 passes on the dyno for like $100?

I really dont care about knowing exactly what it has. What I care about is being able to say I ran 6.60 (or maybe 6.50) in a 2700 lbs car with a small block, lol. Then people will know it has to have some power, lol. And then I could spend that $100 towards a bigger carb., or a mini-starter, or towards race fuel, lol. Know what I mean Vern?

And besides, that's the purpose of test and tune sessions. You can get as many passes as you want, and I have alot of adjustments (or tuning if you want to call it that) that I can do. I mean I can set the timing up or down pretty fast and I can leave (or launch) anywhere between 3000-5000 rpms, and I can change my shift point by just changing out chips (6500 right now, I've got a 6600, 7000, etc.).

Add your comment to this topic!