Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How much do you think FC is worth?

Andrew7dg
03-15-2006, 07:43 PM
http://www.rx7club.com/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=58345

I am looking around for FC for autocross and other fun stuff and someone offered this. It is the Base SE model but has a lot of aftermarket stuff. I haven't looked at the car yet but i am pretty interested. The one thing that conserns me is that it is a high millage car 185000 to be exact and he said the engine may need a rebuild soon. It has all that is listed plus LSD w/auto gearing

What do you guys think? Price?

badassfocus1101
03-15-2006, 10:42 PM
looks sweet,but the engine is what im worried about....what is he asking for it?

just keep in mind,rebuilding a rotary isnt exactly cheap man....

808drifter
03-16-2006, 01:47 AM
yah its cheepr to just buy a new crate motor (unless you can do the engine work yourself)
that car should be about 2/3k

Chris V
03-16-2006, 12:19 PM
You want to go autocrossing. The SE has the small brakes and weaker suspension. Most of those mods put you in a class where you will be uncompetetive. Once you take the mods off, you need to BUY stuff that would BE competetive, and you'd still have worse brakes.

I'd pass, even if it IS a nice street car.

Andrew7dg
03-23-2006, 04:24 PM
I have a new RX-7 someone else offered. It is a 86 with the sport package

52,xxx and is tastefully modded with exhuast,
intake, sway bars and a street/strip clutch and pressure plate at 45,000 miles. Also has aluminum flywheel. The car has the factory sport
suspension

no power options

Garaged in the winter

very rare aero package that has been broken and the holes remain (but i could find a replacement.

interior of the car is in very good condition
Newer tires

intake, sway bars and a street/strip clutch and pressure plate at 45,000 miles. Also has aluminum flywheel. The car has the factory sport
suspension

$3800

I will post a picture of it later when i can. It is a nice red color

drftk1d
03-24-2006, 08:17 AM
only 52k, damn...

RevvRX-7
03-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Frikken Hell.. Someone sell one in Texas >_>

Chris V
03-28-2006, 01:22 PM
I have a new RX-7 someone else offered. It is a 86 with the sport package

suspension

no power options

Garaged in the winter

very rare aero package that has been broken and the holes remain (but i could find a replacement.

interior of the car is in very good condition
Newer tires

suspension

$3800

I will post a picture of it later when i can. It is a nice red color

Other than the price and color, that's exactly what I started with back in '92.

That car will only need shocks and tires to be competetive in class. And the alignment I posted elswhere. if you can get it for around $3500, it's a good deal (though personally, I woudn't pay more than $2k for a decent FC, this one does have low miles, which could be good, and it could need a LOT of TLC from deterioration due to not being used much). Check it out, but this is a good way to get into autocross and FC ownership.

Add your comment to this topic!