Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help: Wobbly wheels

Rosco P. Coltrane
03-15-2006, 12:30 PM
I am building my first kit. It is a '69 Camaro. I just put the back wheels on and they are very wobbly. I followed the instructions the best I could. They snapped into place, but if you touch them, they lean in and out of the wheel well. When I set it on the table it looks fine, though.

Is this normal? or I have I not done something right?

I would believe that the fit should be tighter so that when you pick up the car, the wheels don't wobble in and out.

stevenoble
03-15-2006, 12:37 PM
I have just had a similar problem with one of the wheels on my recent Celica build.It's fine when it's sat down on the wheels though.If it fixes on the same way the Tamiya wheels do with the polycap method you could maybe thicken the peg on the wheel to stop it being loose when fitted and moving around.Steve.

dag65
03-15-2006, 05:18 PM
That happens on alot of kits. I just glue them in place. Who needs a rolling model anyhow, keeps them from rolling off the shelf too!
Of course if you planned on crawling around on the floor pushing it and making motor noises they should roll.
LOL!

WasteGas
03-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Of course if you planned on crawling around on the floor pushing it and making motor noises they should roll.
LOL!

:lol: /dies

Rosco P. Coltrane
03-15-2006, 06:31 PM
:grinyes: :grinyes:

Add your comment to this topic!