Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

pre-cat bolts

omaro86
03-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Ok, I'm TYRING to remove my downpipe and pre-cats. Last night I soaked all the bolts in PB blaster, and again in the morning. I'm trying to get them off right now but the nuts to take off the front precat WILL NOT MOVE. first time I broke a ratchet, the second time I just snapped my extension right in half, nut still didnt break free..... Should I get a blowtorch and torch it, then try to get it off?? If I torch it won't it just break???

3000Star
03-14-2006, 11:03 PM
well omaro there is only one thing and one thing only i can suggest.. and i know some might think this is a bit drastic but hey you gotta trust me on this.... just buy a new car, one that the bolts will come off alot easier and you will be set. ok... or you could just go to an auto shop and have them do it for a lil cash.. but hey trust me just go with a new car.. lol

o and btw yes i have been drinkin but seriously man..

liquidPunk
03-15-2006, 09:05 AM
dude! just cut them off with an angle grinder! If you dont have one you can rent one for cheap at home depot for like 4 hours...

Igovert500
03-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Get a 3' breaker bar. And use lots of PB blaster. Also, when you put them back on, use anti-seize lub, so this doesn't happen again. I know how much of a PITA it is though...you just gotta keep fighting.

Add your comment to this topic!