Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1993 honda civic shuts off when started!!!

Honda_Sir_1
03-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Hey all, thanks for taking the time to read my thread.. heres the deal i have a 1993 honda civic hatchback its my baby and sometimes when i go to start it it will sort-of hesitate to start and if it does it will idle kinda low then shut off, like i will go to start it and it will start most of the time then kinda run low then hestitate to shut off ,i know ,i have a messed up clutch cylinder and i know it holds the brake fluid AND IT LEAKS VERY VERY VERY LITTLE SO MAYBE THAT COULD BE IT (ITS NOT THE MASTER BRAKE CYLINDER HAD THAT REPLACED) ITS THE CLUTCH CYLINDER. any informayion on this problem would surely be appreciated ty!:grinyes:

Honda_Sir_1
03-14-2006, 11:06 AM
also,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i changed the park plug wires and the spark plugs so what is wrong ....!!!!!!!:grinyes:

ATMDC
03-17-2006, 12:17 AM
try checking the timing :dunno:

hxgaser
03-17-2006, 01:24 PM
It might just need a tune up. Check cap and rotor. Check spark plugs and etc. Also fuel filter might need replacement. Could be clogged injectors. If none of the above is wrong, then check vacuum related stuff. Start from the throttle body to intake. Spray WD40 or any aerosol around intake while the car is running. If the idle changes significantly you can isolate where the leak is. You can also check around the head gasket and all vacuum hose runs.

Add your comment to this topic!