Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

xtra speakers

newstanger
03-13-2006, 07:11 PM
hey...anybody got any recomendations on where to put more speakers in a 2000 vert w/out puttin them in the trunk or takin out the back seat?

BigDanTheMan
03-14-2006, 01:53 AM
i put two 10s and three amps in the trunk and still have room for hella gear. then i put two additional 6.5s behind the rear seat where that plastic separator between the trunk and the boot exists. they all get covered up when the top goes down but the bass is still clear. i slid the subs under that separator and cut a hole for the sub to quasi be in the cab. the top comes all the way down with no problem, it took me a while to find a thin enough box that still sounded good though.

newstanger
03-14-2006, 09:05 PM
u kno that lil area below the back seat like in front of it right behind the front seats? would it be possible to cut a bit outta that and put 2 or 3 speakers in that or is it like metal right behind that? u kno what im talkin about? my vert just doesnt have enuf speakers...so i wanna put them wherever possible...but i wanna keep em outta the trunk...im a drummer so i need my trunk space and theres not much space between the seats anyway so might as well stick a speaker there...if possible

BigDanTheMan
03-15-2006, 01:40 AM
are you talking about where the rear passenger's calves would be? thats all metal.

newstanger
03-15-2006, 08:37 AM
do u think i could just sit a small speaker box type thing inbetween that? or would it be bad to take away the foot space?

BigDanTheMan
03-15-2006, 01:53 PM
i would just put speakers there anyway, the only way for a fully grown male to fit in the back seat is sideways with his feet on the cusion.

newstanger
03-15-2006, 03:17 PM
thats true....but i got some small friends that i dunno about...maybe i could get some and just whenever i need to take her in the back...i can just undo the speaker...i guess...but do u have any other suggestions w/out using the tunk that could be better?

BigDanTheMan
03-15-2006, 06:30 PM
how about you put speakers in the trunk and drums in the back seat?

newstanger
03-15-2006, 07:49 PM
i dunno i just feel weird puttin speakers in the trunk and im not much for massive bass stuff...i just want more music around me hey...would it be possible to put a speaker up like under the glove compartment thing? out of the way and not necesarily cutting out a hole in it... u think it could work? im just tryin to think of newhere possible

BigDanTheMan
03-16-2006, 02:29 AM
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-v97rg6nTusp/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=182850&I=044K200321
this is for the front kick pannel, expensive. my final advise - six speakers are PLENTY for a car of that size. the draw back of the convertible is road noise so get a baller system. i'm sitting on two tens, six 6.5s and two 2.5s connected to three amps (two 2x250s and one 2x500) and a 5.1 surround deck that puts 53 watts to the 2.5sand one set of the 6.5s. it's over kill, i'll never need it all. get some good speakers and treat yourself to a real nice deck. if that doesn't satisfy you then hook the speakers up to amps and get a sub. if you still need more go from there. www.simplycheap.com isn't a terrible site to get gear from, crutchfield's has everything you need and always check ebay for items before you buy from any other site. never shop from your local audio shop and you can install anything yourself if you take the time to do it right. people on this site will help you or point you in the right direction at the very least.

i understand what you mean by surrounding yourself in music, but i don't think that you realize how unnesseary extra speakers are when you've got quality products. sound travels out from speaker cones in a wide field, more speakers won't make that field larger or fill in any gaps. it's all stereo.

Add your comment to this topic!