Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What Iam Doing

EugeneLaforge
03-13-2006, 02:55 PM
ok what i am doing is tying to get my carget up and run some times. i havee a 99 ford crown vic cop car or pi its the p71. it has a 4.6 in it. its not that fast. i mean it can run but it could be alot better. ok its my frist car i have had it fo about a year now. i said i would never drive a ford but look i have one. i like dodge we run one its a fast son of a bitch. well my friend has a small dodge truck he putting a 360 in it or a 5.9 whatever. he going to run it up at the track. so i want to get the cop car up there to. i dont want to get my ass kicked all the time. i destory the tranmission in it. so why i putting a new trans in it i want to kinda make it fast.

so it a1999 4.6 p71
its got a open rearend in it what mustang rearends work for it. do all of them or is my car to wide or the other way around if so what fits. i want to get that open rear out of it.

i am getting a motor out of a junkyard i going to go over the hole thing. what parts should i put in it. or should i go with the 5.4 has anyone did it. how hard is it what do i need.

what about the trans should i put a shiftkit init like a slap stick what tran do i even have i havent took it down.
but what are some good perfomnce stuff for it
i kinda want to make it like a cobra

amo4387622
03-13-2006, 07:02 PM
I am not 100% sure but I believe you have an 8.8 rear end. But on one of the rear diff. cover bolts is a metal tag if you get me what is on that tag I can tell you what you have. As for putting a 5.4L it will not fit to wide, tall, and long for a CV. But if you can find a mustang GT engine or cobra out of the junkyard I would grab it should fit with no problem. I would also grab the computer for that engine also. As for the tranny I will have to get back to you on that.

EugeneLaforge
03-13-2006, 09:40 PM
I am not 100% sure but I believe you have an 8.8 rear end. But on one of the rear diff. cover bolts is a metal tag if you get me what is on that tag I can tell you what you have. As for putting a 5.4L it will not fit to wide, tall, and long for a CV. But if you can find a mustang GT engine or cobra out of the junkyard I would grab it should fit with no problem. I would also grab the computer for that engine also. As for the tranny I will have to get back to you on that.

what the 5.4 wont fit between the wells. have u seen any one try it. a 5.4 is a 351 right i not sure.
it wont sit in there. i can put a scoop on it if its to high. but thanks alot for the help i need it. u kick ass. i will get the rearend tag for u. but the mustang is the same as my rearend. it will fit

amo4387622
03-13-2006, 10:38 PM
The 5.4 is a little smaller than the 351, because the 351 is a 5.8L. And I do not know of anyone that has tryed and succeded to put in a 5.4 into a CV, All I do know is that people that have wrote a forum on trying to do it ran into that it was to long and wide for the CV Frame and firewall. If the mustang rear is the same as yours it will fit. But it just might be cheaper and easyer to replace the parts in your diff. this way you can put what ever gear you want into it along with a posi also. And you can use mustang parts from the junkyard to rebuild your diff.. Plus most diffs. you find at a junkyard from a mustang will have mostly a 3.27 or 3.55 in it very rarely will you have a lower gear than that.

amo4387622
03-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Also you have a 4R70W transmission.

EugeneLaforge
03-14-2006, 11:11 AM
cool thank u
i just wanted to know why i couldnt fit it now i know thanks for all the help. i think i going to get a 4.6 out of a car and go over the hole thing. see i could of got a 5.4 for cheap but if i cant do anything with them whats the point. thank u

EugeneLaforge
03-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Also you have a 4R70W transmission.

have u seen anybody put a shift kit in one

amo4387622
03-14-2006, 10:33 PM
I have heard of people put them in and said good things and bad things about them with your type of transmission. What I would do is buy a performance valve body. One it gives you the same things as a shift kit and sometimes a little more. Two it can be cheaper to install than a shift kit and depending on the shift kit you go with the valve body will be cheaper. And I recommend a Performance Automatic street/strip valve body. The valve body is around $234 with free shipping. But if you want to go with a shift kit I recommend a Trans-Go shift kit.

Add your comment to this topic!