Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'06 Pursuit GT ABS

thealmightytoquito
03-13-2006, 07:34 AM
So about a month ago I bought a 2006 Pontiac Pursuit GT, have just over 6,000km on it and the ABS decided to stop working for me. it seems to do this every time we get over 4" of snow, could the two be somehow related or should I actually take the car into the dealership to get it checked out? This is the first car i've owned with ABS.

A non car related question,
Does anyone have any idea what this could possibly be used for? --->:licka:

richtazz
03-13-2006, 03:07 PM
what do you mean by stop working? what are the symptoms? And I have no idea what that smiley would be used for, it's bizarre at best.

thealmightytoquito
03-16-2006, 12:46 AM
well, i'll be driving along and the ABS light will come on, and I won't have ABS anymore, though i still have breaks. I drive a bit more and the light will turn off, and i'll have my ABS back. also sometimes the light won't turn off till I turn off my engine for a few seconds then start it again, there is a 50/50 chance that when i do that the ABS light will come back on after about 30 seconds, or it'll stay off, till the next time.

richtazz
03-16-2006, 05:45 AM
It sounds like a wheel speed sensor going bad. The ABS computer is getting an intermittent signal and trips the light.

Add your comment to this topic!