Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

tamiya racing white = honda championship white?

bri g
07-04-2002, 10:02 AM
hi guys, just like a fellow modeller here on the forum, I was told by my local hobby shop that tamiya's racing white spray = a very bright white! :finger: and since I'm converting a fujimi civic sir II into a a Civic type-R, I was just wondering if the tamiya racing white is the same color as the championship white for the type-Rs? I remember reading somewhere that the color is the same, but I find the racing white too yellowish.

turbos86
07-04-2002, 01:12 PM
TS-7 Racing White is yellowish
TS-26 Pure White is what you want!

Look at my RX7 in the gallery, it has 2 coat of Pure white over 1 coat of racing white

P-Man's ITR is a good example of the Pure white

djmr2
07-04-2002, 02:52 PM
Pure white is not championship white

championship white is very CREAMY looking like offwhite...

my guess is the Racing white will be a better match otherwise get some auto lacquer!

Del-R
07-04-2002, 04:53 PM
Tamiya racing white is a too creamy compared to the Honda championship white, and the pure white is too white! (you can't win) I have made an Integra in racing white and a civic type r in pure white and for the scale I'd say the Pure white is better.
By the way my real 1/1 integra is championship white so I know what colour it should be.

bri g
07-04-2002, 08:00 PM
thanks for the quick reply guys. Yeah I had a feeling it was way too creamy. But I just wanted to find a way to use that paint so it doesn't go to waste. Oh well, I guess that can will make a good painting stand.

Add your comment to this topic!