Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

more power from a 1g-gteu

Twinturbo4x4Lux
03-12-2006, 02:51 AM
i recently had to replace the 1g-gteu in my 81 hilux caus the turbo's decieded to give up the gost, and i found that the new engine isnt as powerful as i would like as it has the stock c12 turbos on it and my old engine had turboloader k-24's, does anyone know of a good cheap way to get more power out of the stock turbos without to much trouble

Twinturbo4x4Lux
03-12-2006, 02:59 AM
if anyone has any ideas it would great

Yellow 13
03-12-2006, 07:29 PM
It usually takes awhile to get a response here, But Id say shim the waste gates or get a boost controller. Im not to familar with that engine though.

TcmaBoy
03-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Have you thought of swapping from CT12s to CT12As?

projectsupramk3
03-12-2006, 10:34 PM
You need to give the post alittle more time than eight minutes for a response. Give up the gost?? It's not a K24 turboloader, it's "turbolader" which is German for turbocharger.

So let me get this straight, your old 1G had a Blitz twin K24 kit on it, the turbos blew, and you put another bone stock 1G in because of this? Then you wonder why the two Toyota pea shooters at stock boost (maybe 200hp) don't have as much power as those turbos (which should do 350 with no problems)? :rofl: What did you do with the old turbo kit? Why didn't you simply rebuild the turbos and be done with it?
CT12A's will not bolt onto the 1G CT12 manifold, different bolt pattern for virtually every flange.

Twinturbo4x4Lux
03-16-2006, 01:27 AM
i had thought about having them rebuilt but the mechanic pulled them off and showed me the shafts had play in em and it was blowing a load of oil out the exhaust and said it would be just as cheap to get a whole new engine,as far as i know the old turbo's are sitting in my garage next to my old engine with the manifold dump pipes and everythin to go with it, do u think it would be worth having the turbo's rebiult and put back on caus i dont know much about diferent types of turbos

TcmaBoy
03-16-2006, 04:00 AM
If you have a set of Blitz KKK series turbos it is most definatly worth having them rebuilt. They are as good as it gets. The "turboloader" thing threw me off. I didn't make the connection.

Twinturbo4x4Lux
03-16-2006, 08:27 AM
i might do that then, caus i wasnt sure how good the kkk turbo's were but i do know that blitz have a good name behind them, i will let you know how it goes and might get it put on the dyno before and after caus i jus got a apexi air flow converter for free that i have to get tuned in on the dyno apparently and hopefully then my hilux will really get up and go,

Add your comment to this topic!