Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

engine swap

SuperEmily
03-11-2006, 10:31 PM
what could I put in to make my tercel evil?

('95, dx, 5-speed)

I beleive it has the same engine as the celica...

my dad bought me a tercel, I really only like it because my name is on the title...
while the tercel is cute (and much better than the POS van that I was driving) it doesn't really have the ballsyness that I wanted in a new car. I don't like to be able to ONLY beat bad drivers and mustangs, because mustangs suck(except mustang terrys)...anything can take a mustang.

am I crazy to want to do this?

97cavalier
03-12-2006, 07:58 PM
ya, tercels are not race cars, they are econmy cars, that is why they get high 30's to 40 mpg gas and only have top of 100hp. And i am not a mustang fan but when you say anything can beat a mustang, you are talking pretty big there. The mustangs are not that bad, expecily the cobra's take you tercel up to one of them and they will laugh there ass off at you. My brother has the same car as you only it is a auto and he has a cold air intake on it and it has a max of 100hp to the wheels, probly not even that. If you hav the money and time and know what you are doing there is a starlight motor you can put in it is direct bolt in and it is a 1.3 turbo motor. You will have to change the wireing harness and fuel pump and crap like that but not to much work. Go to the paseo forum, it is almost the same thing as the tercel and they have some info about the motor swap.

SuperEmily
03-12-2006, 08:46 PM
ya, tercels are not race cars, they are econmy cars, that is why they get high 30's to 40 mpg gas and only have top of 100hp. And i am not a mustang fan but when you say anything can beat a mustang, you are talking pretty big there. The mustangs are not that bad, expecily the cobra's take you tercel up to one of them and they will laugh there ass off at you. My brother has the same car as you only it is a auto and he has a cold air intake on it and it has a max of 100hp to the wheels, probly not even that. If you hav the money and time and know what you are doing there is a starlight motor you can put in it is direct bolt in and it is a 1.3 turbo motor. You will have to change the wireing harness and fuel pump and crap like that but not to much work. Go to the paseo forum, it is almost the same thing as the tercel and they have some info about the motor swap.

correction: *stock* tercels are not race cars. with enough time, money, effort and blind-to-all-negativity-desire, a tercel can be a race car.
correction: anything CAN beat a mustang, I've done it....in my tercel.

question: which starlight motor?

thanks....now someone else post

97cavalier
03-12-2006, 10:12 PM
like i said go into the paseo forum and it say in there. and you better hope there is no mustang fans in here,lol. Was it a v6?

Add your comment to this topic!