Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

civic to crx!

riceviking
07-03-2002, 04:05 PM
Hi guys!
I guess most of you are on holiday or something 'cause there isn't to much traffic here these days..but I'll post anyway! I found a nice crx the other day and I really got hyped on changing cars! It's a 90 CRX with 130hk, and hopefully I get more for my civic than this crx cost, making me afford a tv! :D hopefully...I'm having another conversation with the owner tomorrow, meanwhile I'll put up a picture of it :

http://home.no.net/lassefos/crx.jpg

nice huh? :) If I were religious I'd be begging to God now..well..worth a shot!(did I hear 70hp shot of nitrous?) :angel:

Goosse
07-03-2002, 04:30 PM
I do not know what to do. If you look at it objectively, you are exchanging a 5 year old car, for a 12 year old car with 9 changes out of then more km then your car. It does have more hp and is a lightweight, but still. If it were me (and I have the same car as you:D ), I wouldn't do it.

But the CRX looks tight...

riceviking
07-04-2002, 04:24 AM
I guess in one way your right Goosse, but one of the reasons that I'm changing is that I'm going to start studying this fall, and can't afford to insure my civic. The CRX is about half the price to insure (even though it's alot more powerful) and I don't need full cover on it. Just to give you a clue, I'm paying about 1850 Euro to insure the civic, and the CRX will cost me about 1200 Euro. And I will get more for the Civic than I pay for the Rex..But I understand how you're thinking, and if the insurence wasn't such a pain in the ass, and I could afford some mods to it, I'd kept the Civic..:) But I love the Rex! The problem is to sell the civic fast enough to get a replacement so that I can go to work every mornin :D

riceviking
07-10-2002, 05:05 AM
Well, update, the CRX is NOT in Norway, I've had ceveral conversations with the seller, and after about a week he tells me that it's not imported yet, It's in Germany! Damn it! So fu** him... All of a sudden I feel like getting a CRX Targa (Del Sol in the states) VTI with 160hp...but then I think the insurance company would tare of my head and put it in their cash register...here it is if anyones interested :D

http://www.motorborsen.no/moreinfo.asp?recno=21898&ressort=ALLE&adtype=S

don't really like it red, but hey..160hp.. :devil:

Goosse
07-10-2002, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by riceviking
All of a sudden I feel like getting a CRX Targa (Del Sol in the states) VTI with 160hp...

don't really like it red, but hey..160hp.. :devil:

I once came real close to buying a black '92 del sol VTi, but the price was wayyyy up:rolleyes:. If I left my car at the garage, I still had to put 5000 euro up my car (and mine is a '97).

But now, I don't really know if I like the del sol. Sometimes they look like crap and really really small, but other times they look so hot:confused:

riceviking
07-10-2002, 10:44 AM
I totally agree! When looking at del sols at the net sometimes you see someone thats sh** hot, but others can look like crap! And let's face it, it's not the prettiest car from the factory either..:bloated: But it's not that expensive, and it's got 160hp!! at least the vti..but then again..the whole point with me changing cars would be gone (insurance..)

Add your comment to this topic!