Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Here Goes 0.3 Sec

CBFryman
03-10-2006, 02:08 PM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=534746

and just for you guys.

Just though i'd share what i give up for uber clean (and uber loud) audio.

i mean since my turck is so fast and everything. :lol:

BullDog71ss
03-10-2006, 04:10 PM
That speaker box ate that poor kid!

CBFryman
03-10-2006, 05:26 PM
its a beastly it's a beastly ~100lbs and i still have bracing and a 50lbs speaker to add total will be just shy of 200lbs then i have acoustical foam and sound deadener which will put me around 230lbs then take into account 2 15lbs amps 260lbs...so almost 0.3sec off my 1/4 mile.

i hope i tasted good...lol.

clawhammer
03-10-2006, 10:12 PM
The sound system is what I'll upgrade next on the S2000. Sucks is just too nice of a word to describe this stock system.

-The Stig-
03-10-2006, 10:51 PM
The sound system is what I'll upgrade next on the S2000. Sucks is just too nice of a word to describe this stock system.

Well, I'm sure some of the problem is the lack of accoustics due to the lack of roof/soft top?

Or is just like.. three tweeters and a six inch speaker in the passenger door?

CBFryman
03-11-2006, 03:33 PM
im sure you're not looking to wake up the nighborhood.

In all trught, redneck, top down yeilds an almost anecho environment which means you can modle your enclosures and crossover slopes in a program like WInISD and have it actually sound right.

Thoes Assasin 10's that are going into my GF's car are AWSOME drivers for the money. ive been playing with them, they are extremely clean and get quite loud for the money. with a fiber glass box a pair coudl weight less than 50lbs enclsorue and all, and you can make it easily removeable for the track.

for an S2000 i wouldnt reccomend anymore as far as bass is concerned as you will NEVER get loud in a convertable. Anecho means no cabbin gain which means for you to get half as loud as me you would need one hell of a system, something capable of 160dB in a closed cabbin.

Ascendantaudio.com

As for your Mids/Highs, depending on your price range i would highly recomend horns, though heavier than Tweeters they are alot more efficent and alot cleaner and if properly integreated are alot smoother. 10w on horns often overpowers most high powered subwoofers (and many have 50w or more power handling) where my tweeters are drown out on 15w to the point you can just tell there are actually lyrics.

As for midbass, that is also price range dependant, idealy something like XXX Midbasses of Koda Mids but there are some others i could ressoment.

REaudio.com

Ascendantaudio.com

For amps, you can get some great deals on SoundSolutionsAudio.com/forum. Contance Flakko, he is a USamps dealer. USamps are top of the line. Right now he has a great deal running on IS2080's and he has soem Mark Antony amps for sale. Mark Antony is top of the top of the line. as a comparison Alipine and Eclipse headunits are considered top of the line. Micintoch HU's where actually a step above, Mark Antony amps would be up there with Micintoch.

I highly reccomend you go over to SoundSolutionsaudio.com and ask some questions. There are some really smart guys over there. out Audiomessage board have Me, Noah (ngsm13), Paul (paulD), and SR20 and a few others holding it down for experenced intelegence. and SR20 and Paul or SQ guys. IE if it isnt an intelegent question on Mid's, Highs, Soundstage they often dont answear.

and feel free to PM me or Noah (ngsm13) any time. Noah may mind it more than i will but tell him to STFU and answear the question...or tell him i said that. lol.

Polygon
03-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Oh come on, we all know you aren't really building a nice sound system. It’s really a clever way for smuggling people, isn't it?

I’m calling the INS.

clawhammer
03-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Here's what I was thinking of doing for the S2000. It will be done in stages, as soon as I can afford each piece. I hope to get it done by the end of the summer:

Alpine CDA-9853 CD player $250
http://ai.pricegrabber.com/product_images/6526000-6526999/6526435_640.jpg

DJ Cube's In dash controls $200 (allows you to use the stock audio control buttons with an aftermarket CD player)
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/lgyeresi/Audio.gif

S-pods with Polk db5250 speakers $400
http://www.streetsmarttechnologies.net/sitebuilder/images/Yellow2-298x339.jpg
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2004/107/l107DB5250.jpeg

Polk Audio db104DVC subwoofer with custom box $75 + cost of box
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2004/107/l107DB104dv-f.jpeg

Blaupunkt PCA2120 120 Amp $100
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2006/023/l023PCA2120-f.jpeg

Sorry to hijack your thread, but are you suggesting that I skip the subwoofer and amp altogether?

Chiquae07
03-12-2006, 01:16 AM
thats a nice system u got there. i was planning on running 4 kenwood 12s @ 460w a piece, in a custom ported box. had the speakers, amps, and wireing, then parents said i hope you're not puttin that into your car. i said i was and was planning on deadening it the next week. parents called the insurance company, and they said it would go up since they wouldn't put it on the homeowners insurrance...so i ened up selling all of it back for about 1.5x more than i bought it all for...damn parents...otherwise i think i might have been hitting maybe 120dB...but i guess not...

CBFryman
03-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Polk...ehhhhh....

im not saying skip it, i reccomended the assasin 10's ;)

refer to "The" List

NOT RECOMMENDED:
-------------------------------------------
Boss
DHD
Dual
Jensen
Legacy
Optimus (Radio Shack)
Lightning Audio (lower end models)
Pyle
Pyramid
Sony
Soundstorm
Thump
Verge
Volfenhag

AVERAGE:
Bazooka
X-site
MA Audio Visonik Cliff Designs (Anaba Group) (Execpt for high end amps)
Low end Alpine
Kenwood
Lightning Audio (high end)
Pioneer (minus high end head units and premier series)
Lanzar
Audiobahn
Crunch
MTX (minus amps)
Panasonic
Rockford Fosgate
Blaupunkt
Kicker (subs)
Alpine (low end subs and speakers)
Polk
Audiopipe
Concept
Cerwin Vega
Infinity
Alphasonik
Digital Audio
JVC

GOOD:
Autotek
Hifonics (for the price)
MTX (amps)
Profile (price is AWESOME)
Pioneer premier and high end HU’s
Ma Audio, Visonik, and Cliff Designs high end amps (especially for SPL applications)
Phoenix Gold
Directed
Orion
PPI
Viper
Alpine (higher end subs and speakers, lower end head units)
Kicker amps
Avionixx
Alumapro
Audiomobile
Boston
Clarion
Crystal
Crossfire
Earthquake
JBL
Memphis
Soundstream
MB Quart

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:
Alpine (higher model head units)
Cadence
Eclipse
JL Audio
Elemental Designs
Helix
a/d/s
Adire Audio
Arc Audio
Brax
CDT
Diamond
DD
Focal
Image Dynamics
Kove (borderline good/highly recommended)
McIntosh
MMATS
Morel
OZ Audio
PPI (old stuff before they were directed)
RE Audio (resonant engineering)
US Amps
Zapco
Linear Power
Incriminator Audio
Ascendant Audio
Stereo Integrity
Sound Splinter
Audioque
Xtant
Tru Technology
TC Sounds
Rainbow

CBFryman
03-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Oh come on, we all know you aren't really building a nice sound system. It’s really a clever way for smuggling people, isn't it?

I’m calling the INS.

you caught me, but i can only msullge littple people in :banghead:

geuss i need to wall it off. They will probably be deff by the time they get into america too. :lol:

Polygon
03-12-2006, 12:47 PM
you caught me, but i can only msullge littple people in :banghead:

geuss i need to wall it off. They will probably be deff by the time they get into america too. :lol:

Ah, the lucrative midget market. And there is only a slight discount if they're deaf anyhow. :grinno:

CBFryman
03-12-2006, 05:05 PM
MMkay, since we are alreayd talkingabout it lol.

Alpine HU's are awsome. I highly reccomend you keep that part of your system and the other thing, if you wanna pay that much to keep the stock features, more power to you.

dont skip the subs, go with something light that works in small sealed enclsorues.

The Assasin 10's (or 12 if you want to go singular) that are going into my GF's car are prime canidates.

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/assassin10specs.html

These are awsome subwoofers for the price. Thoes polks look right along the lines of my Audiobahn AW1051t's... i can tell you that the assasins beat them up in 7 kinds of sorry. Not just in size and looks but SQ and SPL.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/CBFryman2/5c33db6b.jpg

give it (them) 150-200w and it will be more than enough, even sealed.

2 10's was $140 shipped

CassiesMan
03-12-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm fine with my stock Harmon Kardon system and Sirius Satalite...I <3 Sirius.

CBFryman
03-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Friggen BMW owner.

BMW's and Mercedes (the latter more so than the 1st) are like perfect acoustical evironments as a norm. Two evenly sloped windscreens and well placed seats.

Chiquae07
03-13-2006, 11:39 PM
lol....y do u not like the BMW or Mercedes...when your car has more of a thud to scare the guy and his chic next to u with? :rolleyes:

VR43000GT
03-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Dude with S2000: I have polk db1's in my car. Good choice, I love them!

CBFryman
03-14-2006, 12:15 PM
lol....y do u not like the BMW or Mercedes...when your car has more of a thud to scare the guy and his chic next to u with? :rolleyes:

BMW's and Mercedes (the latter more so than the 1st) are like perfect acoustical evironments as a norm

:banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!