Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anyone know what this part is called?

spdjunke
03-10-2006, 08:32 AM
Sorry I dont have a picture with me, but I will try and describe it the best I can. It is a part of the cooling system, an oddly shaped rubber hose fitting ( kind of T shaped if I remember correctly ) that is located on the front of the engine about dead center. It appeared to be mounted to the block and had atleast one smaller hose that tied into it. I know it is not much of a description, but I am going from memory while looking at it in the dark at about 2 am in the morning.

If anyone has a cooling diagram that would be great or perhaps a picture? I am just looking to get the correct name so I can attempt to get one ordered for my sisters car. Basically she had a ton of work done ( head rebuild, alternator, etc ) and the guy must have damaged this "hose/fitting" when he did the work because she was driving home and it began spewing all the coolant from it. I drove up to get her and car home and was able to see the hose and apparently he had tried to patch it with a sort of caulking, needless to say it did not hold for long!

Hopefully someone knows what this part is called so I can get one ordered up for her and get her back on the road.

Thanks

spdjunke
03-11-2006, 07:08 AM
I got a diagram from the dealer and got it ordered

Add your comment to this topic!