Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Thinking of buying a LaCrosse

polarzak
03-10-2006, 06:49 AM
Anybody have a LaCrosse? I have looked at a few, I like what I see. Any comments, good or bad, would be appreciated. Thanks

tridentnyc
03-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Anybody have a LaCrosse? I have looked at a few, I like what I see. Any comments, good or bad, would be appreciated. Thanks
I am the proud owner of a brand new '05 CXS (left over at the dealership...got a great deal!). I've only had the car about a month, but I can share some early insights.

Pros: Car looks great inside and out..and get's lots of looks
Ride is very smooth and comfortable
Cabin is seriously quiet (Buick's "QuietTuning" is awesome)
Driver options are VERY customizeable through the info center
Seats are extremely comfortable
Fit and Finish of interior is very luxurious and tastefully done
The Premium Sound System is excellent (I'm an Audio Engineer by
trade)
Love the optional ultrasonic reverse parking assist
Very spacious trunk with fold down rear seats for more storage

Cons: Low Gas Mileage (I'm only getting 18.5 mpg average)
Steering has too much resistance (not adjustable..maybe will loosen up a bit after break in)
Noticeable body lean when cornering (and that is with the sportier
suspension in the CXS)

Overall, I really am happy with this car and can recommend it highly. Hopefully the cons I listed will lessen with break in, except for the gas mileage....18 mpg average is about as good as it gets from what I've heard.

Also, I test drove both the CXL and CXS models and would recommend you do the same. For me I liked the tighter feel of the CXS suspension...it is still VERY smooth. The CXL felt too "floaty" to me (too much like "your Dad's Buick" type ride). The 3.6L engine in the CXS was much more responsive than the 3.8L in the CXL.

Good luck..hope this helps!

Rob

polarzak
03-29-2006, 06:43 AM
I am the proud owner of a brand new '05 CXS (left over at the dealership...got a great deal!). I've only had the car about a month, but I can share some early insights.

Pros: Car looks great inside and out..and get's lots of looks
Ride is very smooth and comfortable
Cabin is seriously quiet (Buick's "QuietTuning" is awesome)
Driver options are VERY customizeable through the info center
Seats are extremely comfortable
Fit and Finish of interior is very luxurious and tastefully done
The Premium Sound System is excellent (I'm an Audio Engineer by
trade)
Love the optional ultrasonic reverse parking assist
Very spacious trunk with fold down rear seats for more storage

Cons: Low Gas Mileage (I'm only getting 18.5 mpg average)
Steering has too much resistance (not adjustable..maybe will loosen up a bit after break in)
Noticeable body lean when cornering (and that is with the sportier
suspension in the CXS)

Overall, I really am happy with this car and can recommend it highly. Hopefully the cons I listed will lessen with break in, except for the gas mileage....18 mpg average is about as good as it gets from what I've heard.

Also, I test drove both the CXL and CXS models and would recommend you do the same. For me I liked the tighter feel of the CXS suspension...it is still VERY smooth. The CXL felt too "floaty" to me (too much like "your Dad's Buick" type ride). The 3.6L engine in the CXS was much more responsive than the 3.8L in the CXL.

Good luck..hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you for your reply. I have been looking at a CXS and am close to making the decision. I agree with all of your 'pros' comments, and while I have no experience with the gas mileage, I did notice the tight steering but thought it probalby would have more resistance than my 00 LeSabre. I can certainly live with that.
Again, thank you for your input.

300+
08-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Just purchased a new 2006 CXL.
Very good price these days.
Over 20% off list. Great value and a beautiful car.
Gas mileage so far is about 25-27 depending on driving conditions.
It is very hilly where I drive.
I haven't hit the 30mpg yet, but I will try somewhere a little flatter.
I think it is a stiff enough ride and it has plenty of performance.
Will update in a while.

polarzak
02-12-2007, 08:37 AM
I ended up buying a Lucerne CXL. What a disappointment this has been. The Lucerne is no Buick as far as I am concerned. This vehicle, compared to my 6 year old LeSabre, is not a very good car. Sure, the bells and whistles are fine, but the highway ride sucks and the fuel consumption is 1 1/2 times the LeSabre.
The thing shakes, pulls to the right, and requires constant steering input to keep the thing going straight. I have ran over the same roads with my LeSabre
(which I still have) just to make sure it was the car and not the roads. The LeSabre is a beautiful car to drive, the Lucerne reminds me of my 64 VW beetle with nicer seats.
Back to the dealer AGAIN!!!. Wonder what BS they will try on me this time.

Potential Lucerne buyers.. do yourself a favor and take the vehicle on the highway. Make sure your life insurance is paid up and your tooth fillings (If you have them) are tight..

Teresab
01-19-2009, 08:11 AM
I would NOT buy another LaCrosse..I have a 2005. Yes, it looks good..but, looks are deceiving. I have had alot of problems with my car. I paid close to 33,000, loaded out. I definitely have not got my moneys worth. However, this is not to say, all LaCrosses are lemons..
Teresab

300+
01-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Not sure why it cost 33,000. I paid over 10,000 less for a 2006 cxl with just about everything I could want. Now has about 50K on it.
What problems have you had. I have had the intermediate shaft issue covered under warranty.

Add your comment to this topic!