Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

What the HELL went wrong?????

94civicvtecex
03-10-2006, 03:04 AM
Alright guys, here's what happened. I decided to hit top speed on my supercharged d16z6 civic. Bad idea..........I actually hit 120mph, but I ruined my engine in the process. Now my cars has been running pretty damn good lately. I've beaten a quick Maxima, turbo Passat, almost beat a Grand Prix gtp. How come when I went to top my car out it didn't handle the stress very well. I'm not sure if I detonated or melted a hole in the piston.........the Honda mechanic hasn't told me yet. I'm getting a fresh engine swapped in now. What new things should I install to prevent this from happening again? I know i shouldn't abuse my car, but the engine shouldn't have died on me!! Here's what I have now: high-pressure255lph-walbro fuel pump, B&M FPR@70 psi(according to guage), supercharger@11psi(high rpm)w/JR fuel managment, full exhaust system(exhaust manifold and back w/test-pipe), ram intake.
>do i need to get it tuned, b/c my car drove fine, I didn't see the reason....no missing or anything, until right before it died.
>do I need higher cc injectors, i have stock right now.
>I don't want to wreck my new low mileage motor I'm getting.

blitzcivic
03-10-2006, 03:17 AM
it may be from the high fuel pressure your running if you are runing 70psi plus a JR FMU you might have had a fuel injector failure which would cause your motor to detinate you should look into getting it tuned.

kris
03-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Junk all the crap JR sends you, and get a real management system. Neptune, Crome, Hondata, etc.

You think your car drove fine. But I'm willing to bet, it will drive even better, and be a safer setup, having it tuned correctly.

superbluecivicsi
03-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Now my cars has been running pretty damn good lately

define good?

you had some afr and intake temp readings that looked good?or maybe what you meant was that it just felt good listning to a detonating engine ;)

but the engine shouldn't have died on me!!

well, why do you say that when you are running @11psi with a heat blowing m45 blower? you didnt know that when you increase the amount of air you push into your engine that the intake temps sky rockets? and when intake temps sky rocket, it leaves you prone to detonation?

Here's what I have now: high-pressure255lph-walbro fuel pump, B&M FPR@70 psi(according to guage), supercharger@11psi(high rpm)w/JR fuel managment, full exhaust system(exhaust manifold and back w/test-pipe), ram intake.

you really thought pushing 11psi with the m45 blower and the jr fmu will leave you with a safe and reliable setup?

Junk all the crap JR sends you, and get a real management system. Neptune, Crome, Hondata, etc

add a water/alky setup and your problems are solved with decently stablized intake temps.

What the HELL went wrong?????

i think the original title of the thread is obvious ;)

Add your comment to this topic!