Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Whats the best burnout you did with your car

tkatka
07-02-2002, 10:03 PM
What the best burnout you did with your car. And tell us about it

S Brake
07-03-2002, 03:13 PM
It wasn't in my car, it was my friends sierra HD. some guy on a horse was riding up my street and his horse decided to shit in front of my house, so my mom told us to go and find the guy and yell at him. so we hop in the HD and when we found him, instead of yelling at him we popped it into reverse and let the 8.1L V8 do its worst. i think the horse was pretty spooked.:devil:

Grendel
07-03-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by snowboarder
It wasn't in my car, it was my friends sierra HD. some guy on a horse was riding up my street and his horse decided to shit in front of my house, so my mom told us to go and find the guy and yell at him. so we hop in the HD and when we found him, instead of yelling at him we popped it into reverse and let the 8.1L V8 do its worst. i think the horse was pretty spooked.:devil:

Why reverse? Lower gear or something? *shrugs*

Best burnout I did was kinda lame, I was cruisin my moms 1983 Toyota Tercel Wagon, and wanted to show my friends how I could spin the tires in it... We went behind my friends work, I reved it to the redline and dropped the clutch... Tires made a ton of noise... Left some black marks for a few feet.

That car was a POS, but it would actually do better burnouts than my Z :bloated:

-Grendel

Jimbo_Jones
07-19-2002, 09:31 AM
this one was kinda kewl actually...

sitting at a set of lights in three lanes of traffic in the turning right lane of traffic, and there was a police car in the lane on the far left of us, so there was one row of cars then the police car, this was in a lowered VL so it was pretty hard for the cops to see... but while the light was red my brother arked 'em up (he used the one foot on accel. and one foot on brake) did this for about 30 seconds until the police jumped out of their car and looked for the car that was doin it... never actually caught us, but they did give us one hell of a death stare when we took off... i think they knew who it was, but i think they were just appreciateing the smoke

Steel
08-03-2002, 10:39 PM
hmm, my best would have to be in my pathfinder at an empty teahtre parking lot when we skipped school to go watch spiderman. Since no one was there, and the other 2 had jeeps, we were just screwing around. I was doing donuts like crazy, i went around like 5 times before i gave my tires a rest. AFter i tried a reverse burnout, but i guess those are a bad idea, casue my truck started shuddering like a bucking broncho, and would barely run after that! i thought i broke a valvespring or something, but as it turned out, the intake hose just came loose and the air sensor wasnt sensing enough air, LOL.. wow that scared the shit outta me.

Polygon
08-04-2002, 01:11 PM
My best would be at a light in Sandy. There was a guy going straight and I was turning onto the freeway. He was right next to me trying to do a burnout in his F150 and failing miserably. So I honk at him and he looks over. I applied my parking brake, brought up the RPMs to about 5500, and then I dumped the clutch. The tires started spinning and then stating smoking, A LOT. I then released the brake and continued to sit there burning my tires. I then shut it down and the light turned green and I took off. I am just glad there weren't any cops around cause' that was a hell of a lot of smoke.

lifeiscars
08-13-2002, 12:04 PM
it wasn't actually my car, it was my dads. a 95 e320- he came home to trade cars with me and took mine out, so i decided to go out and take his for a ride. I went down a backroad near a farm. and stopped and put my foot on the brake and right foot on the gas and let it go. i peeled out for a good 30 seconds, and then i let go of the break and peeled for maybe 20 feet. the right tire peeled the most, and the left barely did. why is that? anyway that was my best

King of the Road
10-18-2002, 11:01 AM
with my dad's 190E ive done:
burnouts
peel outs
360 degres donut
slide

burnout i use to spin the wheels when i wasnt moving for like 5 seconds
peel out for 10 seconds
i did 360 degres donuts 2 times
i use to slide on the left then on the right then go straight

with the Bmw 320i of my cousin:
i slided and did a small burnout (my cousin didnt want me to wreck his car!)

Self
01-08-2003, 11:43 PM
For all of you who like doing burnouts and taking pics and vids like me...Try this. Drop a puddle of bleach and roll the drive wheels through it, then proceed to do a burnout like normal. Creates a TON of THINK WHITE smoke! Best for me would be in the Best Buy parking lot with about 20 others cars just messing around. Dropped the bleach then burned out through third gear. I'm surprised somebody didn't call the fire department and tell them Best Buy was on fire:D :D

Misundaztood
01-09-2003, 03:06 PM
Burnout...what's that?...seriously though, with my first car(89' Camaro RS modified)I did a sweet sideways once. :D :cool:

RazorGTR
01-10-2003, 06:44 PM
Just over a 100 feet long was only on the brakes until the speedo hit 115kph or 71mph. I dumped the clutch in second gear @ 7,500 rpm.

http://www.nissansilvia.co.nz/events/050103SilviaDrags/198.jpg

R32 GTR with the 4wd fuse pulled :)

The marks I left at the strip from it.

http://139.81.142.25/img.php?264211theresult.jpg

GTStang
03-04-2003, 11:49 PM
I have had so many but I think the best one was after I went to see "The Fast and the Furious" all these civics and shit were doing these sad burnouts in the movie theather parking lot. So my friend kept eggin me on to do one. So finally I gave in, pulled my car right by the movie theather entrance, flipped on my line lock. I burned them all the way shifting to 4th then just let it burn in 4th for about 30-40 second. You couldn't see one single thing in the parking lot looked like Top Fuel Dragsters had been there. I had to buy new tires the next week

Deniz
05-18-2003, 02:34 AM
the best i did was with my dad's 1.3L fiat palio. I stopped at the lights and just floored it.. i shifted 3 gears without any break... i was really impressed with that...

I put that car through hell and some more. Almost flipped couple of time because of the powerslides. also removed the lock from the handbrake lever so i could use it easier without locking. pretty mush on every corner :d
right now i have a 79 olds with 350 4bbl and it can barely do burnouts when ground is dry.. i guess its not built to do those..

2strokebloke
05-18-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by lifeiscars
the right tire peeled the most, and the left barely did. why is that? anyway that was my best

Unlimited slip diff! Send the power to the wheel that'll do the least good (in other words the wheel with the least grip)
In my 82, the wheels always chirp in going from 1st to second (can't handle 60hp I guess) The only time I really burned rubber was when I got the ass end stuck in a 3ft snow drift and front wheels had one hell of a time trying to pull it out!

JeffBoudah
05-28-2003, 09:29 PM
this was 5 days ago, it was the last day of school (for the Sr.s) and all of got together and decided to have a burnout contest after school that day (has'nt everyone????) so before we got started we waited till the school cop had left, then we got started but as everyone else was burning off their nice price tires (especialy the guys with the super swampers on their trucks) i was at the junk yard about 2 miles from the school and picked up some decent full size spare tires and rims for $15 (about 60% treadand both were 235/70/15's) well i get back we jack up my car take of my sweet turbines (lol) pop on the steel rims and we got started, since my car has a posi they both started up.... it's about 30seconds later and i finalt take my foot of the brake, since the motor in up in it's peak torque range the tires just go and go and go, i whip a 180 and i stop the car get out (now the have been spinning for about 50 seconds) and to top it all off the tires that i got must have been a stick compund cuz all i could see was white, it took over 5 minutes for the smoke to clear once we could see and breate again we see that the two tires on the rear are completly flat, i had burned them down to the belts and past, in the drivers side you could get your finger in a hole it made! GOD I LOVE BEING A STUPID TEENAGER!

ChaosStarter
05-30-2003, 10:43 AM
I was leaving work a few weeks back and had to pick up some of my tools from the install bay (work at best buy). as i'm leaving, one of my buds there says i should do a little burnout because he knows how easy it is for me to spin the tires b/c of the tq.

anyway, throw on the e-brake, put in down into first, and just let it rip. sat there for about 10 seconds just squeeling away, let off the brake, and took off both tires still smoking. the smoke was all around the parking lot, and i left two tracks about 50-60ft long.

my friend told me, "awesome burnout" and gave me $2 for the tread i just killed. lol. :sun: :D

Jimster
05-30-2003, 07:37 PM
I don't do burnouts- I see little point in them ;)

1BAD305
05-31-2003, 03:26 AM
i usually do a brake stand in 1st at like 5k, let off the brake give her about 5 ft in first hit 2nd and let her rip for a while, around 180 ft we measured.

a few places my friends and i lay down the rubber:

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/251000-251999/251389_38_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/251000-251999/251389_39_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/251000-251999/251389_40_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/251000-251999/251389_41_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/251000-251999/251389_43_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/251000-251999/251389_45_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/251000-251999/251389_49_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/251000-251999/251389_50_full.jpg

urza220
11-23-2003, 08:15 PM
Well, from the few cars I've driven, I've never gotten a really good burnout, but the worst one was pretty funny. It was the day of the prom and the limo was really late, so my g/f and I decided to take off in her Neon. We were on the highway and there was a lot of traffic, so I was really pissed, so when the light goes green I put it in gear at about 4000 rpm. The car lurches forward with this huge screech for like a splitsecond, then it resumes normal sluggish acceleration. That was the weakest burnout I've ever seen, but the car smelled like burnt rubber for like 15 minutes.

Ground Rat
11-24-2003, 04:57 PM
It was probably the clutch, LOL! The best burnout I did was when I first bought my truck (454SS). It makes really good torque from the factory and since it's a truck, it doesn't weigh much in the rear. It does come with an LSD, so both tires get to participate in making smoke. Anyway, a friend and I drove for about 15 minutes until I found the perfect spot. It was in an empty parking lot behind some building where a cop wouldn't be able to see us. I started off doing donuts until there was so much smoke it was hard to see. Then I power-braked it around the rest of the parking lot making sure I left my mark everywhere. I spent the rest of the month wasting my tires in virgin parking lots and had to get new tires at the end of the month.

http://photo.thetechzone.com/data//503/6205454ssburnout.jpg

Hypsi87
01-22-2004, 04:26 PM
This was not the best one but it's pretty good. Not bad for one wheel wonder :naughty:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/501/87736my_GN.jpg

DGB454
01-24-2004, 06:46 AM
It's hard to say. I try not to do too many burnouts because it desrtoys the tires. I can generally do a burnout as long as I want from a dead stop(not using the brake method) and for quite a ways when I shift into second and I can break the tires loose and keep them spinning for a ways shifting into third (but spinning the tires when traveling at higher speeds wouldn't really be considered a burnout woud it?)

youngvr4
01-28-2004, 02:43 AM
my dads C5 vette down in arkansas this road had just got finished being rebuilt 5 days prior, i'm at a stop sign and do a burn out for about 7 seconds let off and i wasn't going anywhere so i let off and punched it again and fish tailed around the corner(i love doing that) anyhow when i came back the same way i came i seen that i digged into the ground with my tires it melted the ground. thats my fav and best :icon16:

MagicRat
01-31-2004, 10:10 AM
There seems to be a common theme here, the best burnouts are done in your moms / dads/ friends / borrowed car.

Can't you guys do burnouts in rental cars like me?

I have two memorable burnouts. One was in an old full size Chevy van I bought for $300 as a farm truck. the tires were old and hard and I spun some massive donuts, lighting up the left rear all the way. I had to stop because the inside of the truck completely filled up with smoke (through the rust holes) so much I was choking and couldn't see.

Another was in my big block Fleetwood. It spun the tires so fast, and again they were old slippery rubber. Anyways, after about 30 sec. there was a pillar of smoke about 30 ft high, as there was no wind that day.

alphalanos
02-14-2004, 09:22 PM
It was raining on some really smooth asphalt and i did a burnout into 4th gear in my A/T Lanos. it was cool

KustmAce
02-15-2004, 11:18 PM
i have a cavalier that i white smoked once. My clutch is pretty messed up cuz i used to peel out way too much so i dont anymore

ragnarok
02-17-2004, 11:07 AM
I did a AWD burnout in my 02 WRX at the track in the water box while the guy i was about to race, in an acura integra, watched with his jaw dropped. 240hp to the ground will do that.

NCCaddy
02-19-2004, 08:18 PM
my cadillac Deville, being front wheel drive, looks pretty sick in burnouts. I did the usual right foot on accelerator and left foot on brake and that huge V8 took off like a mo.

CamaroSSBoy346
03-05-2004, 08:44 PM
does a 10 ft burn out in grass count? My garage is off of my house, i just got done workin on my car and was gonna park it in the driveway, so i did a peel out on the grass infront of the driveway and seperate garage. Once i get my Bird legal, im gonna burn those BGF's to the metal :)

jdrumstik
03-11-2004, 11:48 AM
I was in sandiego in our kia minivan, real steep hill, let off the brake and the car is rolling so I gave it gas and more gas and more gas, the stupid torque converters never kick in on those cars, well eventaully it did.

then the other day, I was tempted to take the 88 prelude for a joy ride (im only 15) I decided just to repartk it, im in frist gear, hit the gas, screeeach, all the way through a nasty u turn, the thing has 4 wheel steering. pretty narly.

and then in our chevy van, its got a 4.11 rear end a 454, pop it into reverse and watch them slide in the sweet twoing mirrors.

chevydrummer76
03-11-2004, 05:30 PM
A few weeks ago me and my dad were tuning up my truck, so after i set the timing I went out to drive it around the block. Floored it right in front of my house and left a 60 ft mark with no power braking or anything.

mjohn
03-12-2004, 11:34 AM
with my 1957 Olds...V8...Auto...
Stand on the brakes with the car in drive...put foot on gas and floor it and hold brakes as long as possible...It will power-up and begin to break tires...a fast start with a automatic...

I admire the Good keyboarding skills seen here... :o)

jdrumstik
03-15-2004, 07:37 PM
I'm dumb but, when you hold the brake and give it gas, the auto tranny holds the car in nuetral till you take you foot off the brake right?

mjohn
03-15-2004, 08:32 PM
No actually...these old V8 engines and trans...
Would pump-up and actually begin to break the tires... awesome...

my3rdskyline
03-20-2004, 05:50 AM
This is NOT the best burnout i've done but, here. see for yourself. My 1993 Nissan Skyline. here's the video: http://www.shovelinfo.com/pages/public/cars/skyline/videos/MOV00198.mpg

The username is cardomain and the password is cardomain.
Here's a link to my skyline page:
https://192.168.0.2/pages/public/cars/skyline/

ToyTundra
03-23-2004, 03:07 PM
This is NOT my truck, nor was i there, but it still rules. There is no way in hell i would tear up my $800 worth of tires :nono:.
http://www.toyotaparts4u.com/EJKrueger.jpg

borrowed from:
http://www.toyotaparts4u.com/show_us_your_toy_tundra.htm

jdrumstik
03-24-2004, 10:23 AM
Nice!!!!!

I tried holding the brake and gas in my dads car while every one was gone, he just has a little FWD 2.5L V-6 hyundai sonata. It started to pump up, I was bout at 4,000 RPMs and I could hear the brakes starting to give and then I chickened out cause I was afraid of braking his car and loosing my license

urza220
04-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Well, doesn't doing a brake torque launch like that put a lot of stress on your transmission or other parts of your drivetrain?

mjohn
04-05-2004, 10:35 AM
Yes the brake-launch...bit does stress the drivetrain and anyone with any sense...will not be interested in the "burn-out" effect... :o)

mustang372004
04-12-2004, 04:07 AM
My best burnout would have to be in my car 97 stang V6 auto. It was just before the exit of my friends subdivision. There is a little hill and this patch of pavement which was dry it hadn't rained or anything. So anyway I'm going about 5 mph and I just punch it and my tires break loose and start smoking and I leave a 100 ft black mark on the road, not bad for a V6 auto. God I love torque. :evillol:

Add your comment to this topic!