Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Legitamite intake question (I think)

eclipser2001
03-07-2006, 09:16 PM
I got my AEM CAI today and i installed it (took about 45 min). I realized I don't have a splash guard under my filter. What can I do about this? Does anyone have a pic. of a bypass valve actually on the intake?

Pic's and all that stuff can be seen on my cardomain page. If the picture doesn't do anything when you click on it just go to the search feature and type in eclipser2001 in the proper place. Looks cool, sounds awesome. Noticeable power increase. I love it.

p.s.: if I am advertising the intake just tell me.

Sleepr awd
03-07-2006, 09:37 PM
well, water does relatively nothing to a filter. yeah, splash and you'll get water on your filter, but i don't think it does much damage.
as far as a aem bypass valve goes

http://www.autosportz.com/air_intakes/aem_bypass_valve_example.jpg
that is what AEM does as far as water protection

splash guard? like the plastic underlining of your bumper? i'd guess you could order some....

eclipser2001
03-08-2006, 10:27 AM
i have my air mass thing right there though. does it go before the air mass thing? after? look at my cardomain pics. for a visual reference. ;) rate and take poll plz.;)

eclipsed4utoo
03-08-2006, 02:45 PM
i don't think there is a way to "splash" water onto the filter from under the car. you only have about a 2 square inch box where water could come into. now if you remove the fake vents in the front bumper, then you will get the filter wet. but leaving the fake vents in, the filter will not get wet unless you go snorkling.

Sleepr awd
03-08-2006, 03:20 PM
iono, put it together and see where it fits, there should really be only one option the way things fit together. if it happens you can do it either way, put the bypass valve before the MAF so the order goes, filter, pipe , valve, maf, pipe, throttle body

eclipsed4utoo
03-08-2006, 07:25 PM
iono, put it together and see where it fits, there should really be only one option the way things fit together. if it happens you can do it either way, put the bypass valve before the MAF so the order goes, filter, pipe , valve, maf, pipe, throttle body

agreed....you will want to put the valve on the filter side of the MAS.

Amphitheater
03-09-2006, 04:00 AM
I honestly dont think you really need it. all depends on where you live. I live in San Diego and it rarely rains here so i didnt buy one. I have actually drove in the rain and when disassembled my CAI to take a look the water didnt get very far. the water only got like 3-5 inches into the first tube thinga majiggy. i think youll only have to worry about it going all the way in to damage anything if your driving in water thats above the filter.

eclipser2001
03-10-2006, 01:23 PM
well i do plan on putting a grille (5 pc.) on in time. so i'll get a bypass valve on then. cuz by then it should be dropped too by then.
speaking of which, do you know were i can find black 5 piece grill inserts? and how go they insert?

808drifter
03-11-2006, 01:23 AM
well i do plan on putting a grille (5 pc.) on in time. so i'll get a bypass valve on then. cuz by then it should be dropped too by then.
speaking of which, do you know were i can find black 5 piece grill inserts? and how go they insert?

home depot mesh paint it black.

Amphitheater
03-11-2006, 02:42 AM

go to club3g.com and go on the group buy forum part and look around there. The 5 piece grill cost like 150 or 160 and you also have drill holes to put them in :)

Add your comment to this topic!