Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rodeo fixed??

bskinne
03-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Ok, I got the Rodeo back after 475.00, It was a fuel filter that was sucked up into the fuel system. Had to get the injectors cleaned up, Now the tranny seems to be acting up. It doesn't want to shift right and when going up hill it shifts again and again. Doesn't have the power that it should have, I have checked the fluid and it is fine, the filter is also fine, wondering if taking it in and getting it flushed out will help? Thanks for listening.

surferfletch
03-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Any info about the truck? Yr, engine,etc...

bskinne
03-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Ok Sorry it is a 1994 rodeo 6cyl, they told me that I needed to run all the gas out and then put in fuel treatment and run it out again, which makes sense, but why is the tranny acting up now? I mean I can't go up a small hill with out it shifting down and yes guys I have it in D for drive, they also said that one of the intakes is bad and not clean and they can fix it for another 100.00, it is on the "easy" side, so I think this is part of my loss of power, but still I am not sure what is with the tranny. Thanks

surferfletch
03-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Cleaning the intake is easy. Just remove the intake tube and spray some intake cleaner in there. As far as the tranny goes, how many miles are on it and have you ever had the fluid and filter change done to it?

bskinne
03-16-2006, 08:56 PM
I am taking in the Rodeo tomorrow to have the tranny flushed and get new filters and such, the miles on it are over 50,000, As for the intake tube I will do that, thank you for the advice. Any other sugestions?

Add your comment to this topic!