Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1986 Nissan 200SX fuel injector removal

rdeckert
03-06-2006, 05:32 PM
I need to replace my fuel injectors on my 1986 Nissan 200sx...Problem is I'm not sure how. There are way to many hoses for me to just go messing around with. I don't want to disconnect everything from the throttle body and then not know where everything goes from there. Basically, I need help with removing the fuel injectors and putting everything back together again.

240SXSlideStar
03-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Go to a shop.

Skylindrftr
03-06-2006, 07:43 PM
you should be able to just unplug the harness where it attaches to each individual injector, then where it attaches to the fuel rail etc...(but check with others first, better yet get a factory service manual!)

David_NISMO
03-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Go to a shop.

:banghead: And everyone wonders why this site keeps going down the shitter. No we're not going to do a two page write-up for a newbie on how to do it, but if he wants to do it on his own atleast you could have pointed him in the right direction like "go purchase an FSM"

-end rant

240SXSlideStar
03-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Yeah...I could of.

slideways...
03-07-2006, 12:21 AM
lol.

unplug the vacuum hose from the FPR, unplug each injector, unbolt rail, unplug fuel pressure line and return line, take off rail, take off injectors.
installation is reverse

Skylindrftr
03-07-2006, 07:51 PM
i did tell him to get an fsm lol

rdeckert
03-08-2006, 01:05 PM
The reason I don't go to a shop or go and get an fsm is because I don't have the money. Wait, let me rephrase that, I don't have ANY money. ANyways, if I want to take apart the throttle body, don't I have to disconnect everything. As far as I knew I can't just disconnect the fuel lines and pressure hose. There's a whole lot more than that connected. And another thing, do I have to disconnect the accelerator cables in order to get to the injectors? Because it does run right off the throttle body. Believe me, I don't expect anyone to write up a two page essay on how to do this. I was just hoping for a rundown. Well, thanks for all the help. If anyone has any more suggestions, let me know.

slideways...
03-08-2006, 02:55 PM
hmmm dont know for sure...i thought your car just had a standard fueling system. never heard of anything where you had to take the TB off... but you really dont have to take the throttle cable off, just unplug any hoses into the TB and unbolt it, then swing it to the side out of the way with the cable still attached. you do have to unplug the TPS on the side of it, but leave the sensor itself alone.

Add your comment to this topic!