supercharger cams??

slow_99integra
03-06-2006, 02:55 PM
I have a supercharged ls and i want more power. in the next month im going to 9psi and uberdata tuned....so heres my question would i be in my best interest to get crower cams and valve springs.

i know that according to Jackson racing stock cams are best, but there is too much overlap with stock cams. RIGHT??

kris
03-07-2006, 01:01 AM
With the LS motor, you will gain more by playing with your cam timing, than just throwing in a set of turbo cams.

superbluecivicsi
03-07-2006, 01:26 AM
pick up some cam gears and get on the dyno.

duffman868
03-07-2006, 03:16 AM
my opinion is get some crower 404's. i have personally seen overlap add power on a turbo setup and the 404's really opens up the top end. the tuner explained it as why have the turbo try and cram the air in during the whole stroke when it is possible to have the air go back out and continue to spool the turbo then cram the same amount of air in at the last second. this is probably an overly stupid explination not even sure if is right because the tuner might have thought i was just some punk 15 year old kid(which i was at the time). i do remember he spent about and extra hour and half tuning the 404's then he did on a similar setup with stock cams

kris
03-07-2006, 04:52 PM
my opinion is get some crower 404's. i have personally seen overlap add power on a turbo setup and the 404's really opens up the top end. the tuner explained it as why have the turbo try and cram the air in during the whole stroke when it is possible to have the air go back out and continue to spool the turbo then cram the same amount of air in at the last second. this is probably an overly stupid explination not even sure if is right because the tuner might have thought i was just some punk 15 year old kid(which i was at the time). i do remember he spent about and extra hour and half tuning the 404's then he did on a similar setup with stock cams
Turbo and supercharger tuning is quite different.

Add your comment to this topic!