Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 CVPI ABS light

BostonKev
03-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Hello All, I purchased this former Mass State police cruiser almost a year ago with 68k. At 1 point, I think I has every single error indicator light on the dash on but got all of them off within a month of owning it. The ABS light was shooting a code 41 which I am told means a break somewhere in the system. I found a cruddy looking pink wire that had been cut into when they installed the wig wags. I repaired it and the light went off for about a year. On a very cold evening this past week, the light came on again flashing 41. I opened up where the previous break was and inspected it. The connection looked fine so I wire nutted it back up and taped it. Any suggestions on what I should look at now? Do the actual AB modules commonly go? I appreciate your help.

BostonKev
03-12-2006, 07:21 PM
I appreciate all the great responses.

Stevo2
03-12-2006, 08:12 PM
I appreciate all the great responses.

I'd try to help but I sure don't see a code 41 listed anywhere for brakes. Since this is OBD II you should be able to scan the computer and come up with a more precise error code. Have you tried removing the negative battery cable to clear codes?

BostonKev
03-13-2006, 12:26 PM
my error. It's an Air bag code 41 that's flashing and yes I had already tried disconnecting the battery and it's still flashing. Thank you

way2old
03-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Look at the sensor mounting too. If there is rust under it, it may cause the code

BostonKev
03-14-2006, 09:07 PM
That's great, I'll check it out. Do the modules have a tendancy to go frequently? What about the unit under the seat, could that have a loose ground or something to look for?

way2old
03-15-2006, 11:46 AM
The code is for the forward crash sensor so the one under the seat will not be in play. Most of the time the modules are fairly reliable. Look at the sensor and all the wiring. It is a circuit problem.

Add your comment to this topic!