Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Iceman?

colechaney
07-01-2002, 11:23 PM
Hi kids...

I found a local shop that has Iceman cold air intakes "on sale" for $209.95. First off is this a good deal? Secondly are they good, and are they hard to install? I have heard good things about AEM, but I am not sure what to do. Also what kind of exhaust would give me a nice deep tone at lower rpm's and scream in the higher rpm's?

btw this is for a 92 Civic

-thanks

crxlvr
07-02-2002, 01:52 PM
the price for the intake is about the average for an iceman system, but you may find a cheaper one if you search around the web. AEM makes better HP gains over the Iceman intially, cuz it is made outta metal it heats up, which is no good for ur intake charge, the iceman is plastic so will hold its HP longer. They are very easy to install with just some common tools.

As for the exhuast look into a Tanabe, Apex, Greddy, Or Thermal R&D

colechaney
07-02-2002, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the tips!

GSteg
07-03-2002, 12:34 AM
be creative and make a custom intake. cost me $70 bucks total and it gained as much, if not more than the iceman i use to have. for the piping, just spray some thick layer of enamal coating spray paint. you can get it at you local auto parts store. it will conduct a lot less heat than bare metal.

TypeR
07-04-2002, 02:17 PM
If someone was to buy the AEM and then wrap it in heatshield tape, that would be good too right?

crxlvr
07-04-2002, 06:29 PM
yeah that works too.

Add your comment to this topic!