Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power Window Problem/Door Panel Removal

joe n suzanne
03-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Hi, we have a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SE, and the front passenger power window does not operate, either from the drivers switch or the passenger door switch. You can hear a click inside the door panel when you try to activate it but does not go up or down, and lucky it is in the up position right now.

I am trying to figure out how to properly remove the door panel from the front passenger door to troubleshoot the problem. Does anyone know how to remove the panel, lets say the door handle, armrest etc. There is so much plastic and dont want to break anything. I do know about the plastic rivets that hold the panel to the door, but dont know about the other parts removal that has to be done first.

Any help is appreicatied.
Joe

jdq
03-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Hi I just bought another bonny 2000 ssei.My rear window was not working,I bought it this way(propped up with a piece of wood). Mechanic was getting a used part for about 120bucks as the Dealer part quoted 600 bucks(ha ha).Anyways door was already apart and I havent put panel back on yet but im sure it is easy,a quick look ,it looks like it all just pries off.My point here is the motor is probably fine ,it is the cables on the regulator that get all tangled up,or it is a piece on the sled.My guess is your cables are tangled, I just replaced my cables and it wasnt hard for 4 bucks using 2 throttle cables.If you open it up (panel) there are 3 10mm bolts molding on regulator and motor take it out ,it is hard to get out as you need patince and maneuvre it properly.If your cables are tangled get back to me and I can try to help you thru it.

joe n suzanne
03-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Thanks Jdq for the reply and good tips on the problem with the window motor, cables or regulator. But my real problem is getting off the door panel without breaking plastic pieces. I know they must have hidden screws lets say behind the arm rest, but how does the arm rest come off, and the door handle and lock button.

Do they have a web site that you may know of that tells you how to remove the front passenger door panel on my 2000 bonnie? That would help me out a lot. But no matter what, this weekend coming I am going to tackle the job, and see what I can do with it. I will let you know how it comes out and what I find wrong with it.

Joe

jdq
03-06-2006, 10:53 PM
I took a peek at mine while driving today and armrest and plastic is still attached to the removed panel maybe there are no hidden screws Ill try to get a good look tomorrow, if I dont answer quickly its because my father will be in hospital for a week , but I will get back.

Add your comment to this topic!