Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Police Interceptor (horn probs.)

floridavic2062
03-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Hi, i was wondering how i would get my horn to work on my 2000 CVPI?

I've tried disconnecting the horn and there was a yellow plug type thing in the horn connector, i removed that and still no luck. I've also tried puting a new 20A fuse in. If anyone has any ideas can you please explain to me what to do, im not sure if its the horn relay or what and if it is im not sure where the horn relay is located.

Thanks,
Patrick

way2old
03-04-2006, 06:17 PM
When you unplugged the horn, did you use a test light to see if current is getting to the horns? If test light lights up when horn button is depressed, the horn assembly is bad.

BMFer1
03-05-2006, 12:18 AM
Ooooh. You said CVPI. In addition to what way2old suggested, I would start looking immediately under the column for a cut wire. Police depts tend to cut the horn switch wire and wire it into their siren horns.

floridavic2062
03-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Hi, i do not hear the horn relay making its little noise when i press the horn, im not sure if somethings disconnected in the actual wheel or what. I cant understand why the fuck they disconnect their horns like this on the p71's, its rediculous.

fleettech
03-08-2006, 09:00 PM
check the coloum or the under hood fuse box for a cut blue(poss with black tracer can't remember 100%) wire that is the wire is the one you hook the siren into. you may have to lift the fuse box up to see it. it goes into the horn relay.

Add your comment to this topic!