Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

So everybody, tell me what you think of Impalas?

00ImpalaJ
03-03-2006, 12:15 AM
I've had my 2000 Impala for about 6 months now, I'm paying it off and I really enjoy it. It has a nice, smooth ride and excellent handling. Not to say probably the best mileage a full-sized sedan could offer.

I went through (and am still kind of going through :screwy: ) a genuine interest in foreign-made cars like Honda, Toyota, and Hyundai. I really, really considered trading my Impala in for one of those but I couldn't get a co-signer. But I guess the Impala is probably one of the best cars in its price range; I know I'd be paying twice or three times as much for one of the above mentioned cars but they are probably not 2x or 3x better.

So what do you like about the (newer) Impalas? Any flaws I should watch out for? Things that could potentially go wrong?

I noticed a clicking underneath my pedal whenever I accelerate. My headlights also go completely out from time to time and sometimes my car has a hard time starting (but this is once in a great while).

Thanks guys!

Blue Bowtie
03-10-2006, 08:24 AM
So everybody, tell me what you think of Impalas?

Both of mine are trouble-free.

http://72.19.213.157/files/Impalas.jpg

Yes, 27 MPG for a 4,500 pound sled isn't to be complained about. The good part is that I can keep a Honduh in the trunk as a spare. Too bad they haven't got back into making them again (yet).

Add your comment to this topic!