Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 3.2 Rodeo front and rear speakers

gusovi
03-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi,
Does anyone know the dimensions of the front and rear speakers for the 1997 3.2 Rodeo because I want to upgrade my car sound system with Pioneer speakers? Thks.

billindelicato
03-02-2006, 11:54 PM
the front speakers are 5"os and the rears are 4x6 os meaning they are slightly larger than standard...what i did was replaced the factory speakers with sony explodes and just did some trim work on the inner mounting bracket of the door panels for the front but for some reason the 4x6's i got for the back were a very tight perfect fit...hope that helps oh and the total cost of the speakers at walmart...$48.00 for all 4 with tax

Gizmo42
03-03-2006, 03:36 PM
How's the bass with the sonys?

When I got my rodeo the rear speakers were blown (4") so picked up some pioneers. I'm not too happy with them. Even though the stock ones were blown they had quite a bit more bass to them. Well, as much as can be had with 4" speakers.

I'm eventually going to replace all 4 speakers, just not sure what with yet. Not going to put a sub in cuz I dont like stuff taking up the cargo area.

directory
03-03-2006, 03:48 PM
yeah, i'm not to fond fo the speaker placement that isuzu decided for the interior. but with an SUV, you are kind of limited

billindelicato
03-05-2006, 02:18 AM
surprisingly the sony set i have puts out really decent sound when paired with a 10" sony explode sub and a jvc head...only amp is going to the sub heat unit is 50wpc mosfet so its a clean sound through the main speakers with the added kick of the sub

Add your comment to this topic!