Page updated on 07-18-2018

Door locks and trunk release doesn't work

mojodojo2k
02-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Hey Park Avenue fans out there!

I have a 94 PA Ultra and noticed yesterday that my power locks stopped working. Along with that, the trunk release button doesn't work, nothing on my keyless entry works and my dome lights don't work when i open the door...but they do work independantly when i click on them. I'd imagine that my "security" alarm feature is disabled also which is also a bummer because it has helped in thwarting would-be thieves who have tried to break into my car in the past.

Anyway i checked through this forum and didn't find any relevent posts nor did i find anything on my fuse panel about power locks. I'm not too automotive enclined so i'm stuck as to where to troubleshoot the problem. I was going to take the car to my automotive guy some time this week but just thought i'd write a post and see if anyone else ever had this problem and if there is some troubleshooting that i could do to help solve this problem.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

maxwedge
02-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Checked the body feed or pwr lock fuse?

jdekam
03-11-2006, 08:51 PM
I have a similar problem on my '95 Park Avenue. Only the automatic door locks won't lock on any door. They DO unlock. When I push the lock button I hear a faint click that seems to be coming from under the driver's seat.

I checked the fuse under the dash on the passenger side and it's ok.

Is there a relay that energizes all locks? If so, where is it? The owner's manual doesn't list it. I'm guessing it's near the the fuse panel, but I don't know which one it might be.

Thanks for any help.

Add your comment to this topic!