best brand of head gasket kit

twharley
02-27-2006, 07:32 AM
hi i got a 98 olds 3.4 what's the beat brand head gasket kit for this motor felpro, o e m, victor or what any suggestions ????? .

cdru
02-27-2006, 10:12 AM
I'd go with OEM. OEM for the intake gasket as well.

Glen_T
02-27-2006, 11:14 PM
Fel-pro and Dana-Victor Reinz are very good companies, and likely one of them probably makes the OEM version. You'll need to make sure that whatever you choose has the latest design which should include load stops for the bolt holes.

I've had friends use the DVR gasket, and others use OEM gaskets. I suspect that if they have the load stops, they will probably all work about the same.

I think I'd go for OEM if it were my van because I figure they know the most about the problem, but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.....good luck, Glen

cdru
02-28-2006, 01:25 PM
You'll need to make sure that whatever you choose has the latest design which should include load stops for the bolt holes.Your not confusing the intake gasket for the head gasket, are you? The intake gaskets have the load stops that seem to be crucial as part of the redesigned gasket. The head gaskets have metal portions around the edges and holes, but I'm not sure if I'd call them load stops per se.

Add your comment to this topic!