Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 Probe GT Water Pump

98gpking
02-26-2006, 04:26 PM
I have a 93 Ford Probe GT with 129,000 miles. Recently I noticed a loss in coolant and heat. I filled the coolant resevoir and the radiator. The heat came back and the overheating stopped. I looked under my car, and on the left side I noticed a constant flow of coolant. My only guess is that the water pump is bad. The problem is I do not know how to replace the water pump. If anyone has an links or instructions on this process please respond.

Thank you

jon129
04-27-2006, 08:16 PM
I have a 93 Ford Probe GT with 129,000 miles. Recently I noticed a loss in coolant and heat. I filled the coolant resevoir and the radiator. The heat came back and the overheating stopped. I looked under my car, and on the left side I noticed a constant flow of coolant. My only guess is that the water pump is bad. The problem is I do not know how to replace the water pump. If anyone has an links or instructions on this process please respond.

Thank you just did that on my probe. can tell u this. it involves, valve cover removal,
timing chain cover removal, belt, crank pully removal, engine raised or lowered to get in there. my advice. take it to a shop. lot less headache than what i had. good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!