Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 LX470 low beam burnouts

rpmglide
02-26-2006, 06:48 AM
Anyone having problems with low beams burning out after 3-4 months? HI -ST replacements are cheap but still. Very annoying, anything else causing this intermittent problem? Thanks.

Winston Ross
03-28-2006, 06:58 PM
What is burningout for you,bulb or socket?I have a 98 Avalon XLS and the low beam driver`s socket is burningout,I changed it and the same thing happened.It has the right fuse and it started about six months after I bought the car used.

rpmglide
03-28-2006, 10:35 PM
For me, it is the bulb (55W) and it is passenger side. There has been a Lexus recall for running lights (high voltage spikes), which might have something in comon. As usual, the Lexus dealer is unwilling to answer a question without bringing in the car and $150 to look at it.

Winston Ross
03-30-2006, 08:59 PM
You can check out this website,it is more active than this one and the members are willing to help.I do not have a Land Cruiser,so you would not see me on that forum.I have a 98 Avalon XLS,the guys on my forum (2004 and earlier Avalon) are very helpful.If you do not get help on the Land Cruiser forum, you can come over to the Avalon forum and make your post.Just let the forum know that you do not own an Avalon but you own a Land Cruiser and you are very frustrated.I was told by someone that my lowbeam has a grounding problem which I am going to fix when it gets warmer.Here is the site:http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com I am under the name Omaibraz,good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!