Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Model Shows

jimbob
06-28-2002, 02:55 AM
Just a quick question

Any of u guys put ur models in shows?
For the UK people - what hapens at these shows?
Where are they and do you think my models will stand a chance

Its something i have never done but would like to try - I dont think id win or anything just want to have a go

Thanks

JIM

hrmodeler
06-28-2002, 03:05 AM
Jim,
you can't lose anything if you put your models in shows.
YOu will show your work to the others and at least you can see how your work is good in compared to the others.

For most of people modeling shows are fun.

jimbob
06-28-2002, 03:13 AM
yeah - i just want to have a go for fun

just interested in how they work etc

thanks
JIM

flyonthewall
06-28-2002, 04:22 AM
Judging by the turnout of entries at the last couple of shows i went to im sure your models will stand a very good chance. These were regional shows, however if perhaps u fancy a bit more of a challange enter something at the IPMS Nationals in Telford. There is some great stuff there and your work is certainly up to it.

I say - a) Make a note in your diary and b) Start planning that special project!

For shows in general check mags like Tamiya Model Mag and Scale Models International. Also take a look on the IPMS UK site http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ipmsuk/events_2002.htm

jimbob
06-28-2002, 04:25 AM
thanks chris

ill start looking and thinking (got a few ideas!!!)

Maybe we should both compete !!

Where are ur local shows?

JIM

flyonthewall
06-28-2002, 04:47 AM
I went to a show in Halesowen and one in leicester recently. They are good for getting aftermarket stuff, tools and cheap models. I passed up the opportunity to get a JGTC NSX for £10 and got tools instead - got too many models right now.

I would like to enter something this year perhaps the Ultimate Celica i'm working on or the F+F Supra and have it fully opened and superdetailed. But i guess my goal is to actually have Scaleautostyle up and running by then and have a trade stand - that'll be cool!!!

An idea for u to enter, i'd say go for something that has plenty of detail with engine etc.

jimbob
06-28-2002, 06:15 AM
is scale autostyle these transkits then - sound like a good idea

Perhaps i should come on your stand and sell ready made paint to order - just thinking about selling this multicolour paint
What do u think?

JIM

Murco
06-29-2002, 01:32 AM
GO! Go to the contests and meet others who share your hobby. Most people I've met at shows are more than willing to share how they did something unique if you ask and they always inspire me.
A fellow showed-up at a contest in November with a police car with functional flashing LED strobe lights! The flashes were perfectly timed, looked awesome, and it got me all fired-up to do one with a different configuation.

Add your comment to this topic!