Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How does demand affect the deal I'll get on a new RAV4?

Patrick G.
02-24-2006, 06:16 PM
I want a 2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited, loaded with a V6. These seem to be hard to find. How close should I expect to get to invoice price on one of these?

wsupunchy
03-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Just both the Limited 4cyl 4wd Loaded, I got it at $400 over invoice listed on msn autos, however the color choice is pretty limited right now.

c5freak
03-14-2006, 07:14 PM
I just picked up my new RAV4 Limited V6. Paid sticker price but got exactly what I wanted.
Put down a deposit the first week of January and it took about 2 months to get it but I love it.
The V6 makes this vehicle.
I tried dickering with the dealer on the price but his attitude was either I pay the price or move over for the next person in line to get it. No deals.

LENavarro
08-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Very limited bargaining power. Matter of fact, the day I bought mine(Limited-V6) there were three on the lot that all sold that afternoon, including mine. These vehicles are highly sought after and toyota dealers know it. I bought mine for $600 over invoice and that was with the help of a friend who worked for the dealership.

RIP
08-07-2006, 08:38 PM
I can get a 4 cyl Limited for $750 over invoice in my area. $1000 over for the V6. That's through the Costco car buying service. I'm mulling it over before I comitt. Several months ago my daughter bought an 06 Accord EX for $200 under invoice through Costco. Ain't the freemarket grand.

BTW - I could have had an 06 Camry for $200 under invoice a month ago according to the dealer.

redtrain65
08-26-2006, 08:17 PM
We just got our base 4 cyl RAV4 Wednesday. I was able to get a deal via the fleet Dept contact where I work though. I got it for about $600 over invoice which I was thrilled with considering they cannot keep them on the lot. They gave me a tad bit over Kelly BB for our worthless Chevy van too. So, it might be possible for you as well. Doesn't hurt to shop around. If you are a AAA member they have some deals with diff. dealerships so you could check that out as well.

Add your comment to this topic!