Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

So had to replace rear brakes today

AChatham
02-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Had to replace the rear drums because mud had gotten in em and torn em up. I had been smelling a burnt smell and knew I had to get the brakes checked out

I was wondering if you guys had any tips for me after a day on the trail to clean the brakes to keep this from happening again. I sprayed em for awhile each but apparently that isnt enough:uhoh:

Thanks

Alec

Eslhockey92g
02-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Had to replace the rear drums because mud had gotten in em and torn em up. I had been smelling a burnt smell and knew I had to get the brakes checked out

I was wondering if you guys had any tips for me after a day on the trail to clean the brakes to keep this from happening again. I sprayed em for awhile each but apparently that isnt enough:uhoh:

Thanks

Alec

I would assume the best way to be 100% sure there clean is pull the tire and the drum and hit it w/ some brake clean. also once ur tires off u can dig off any debris from off roading a lil easier and see if theres any damage.

OverBoardProject
02-25-2006, 08:15 AM
If it's just mud a good old fashioned garden hose works the best. I wouldn't use the nozzle if at all possible. That is of course after you remove the drums.

Although I'm no mudder I would imagine that there are a few things that should be done after any deep puddles, most of them involving a hose.

Add your comment to this topic!