Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 PAU Suspension (Dynaride)

gottabike
02-24-2006, 03:27 PM
I see the struts for the suspension for my car for sale. I see it says no spring compressors involved. Does this mean that i can do the suspension myself without any specialty tools?

92 PAU w/ Dynaride.

I'm looking at oreilly's for the struts if you wanna know where i'm seeing the no springs compressor struts at.

HotZ28
02-24-2006, 08:01 PM
You do not need a spring compressor for the rear struts. The front struts do require a spring compressor if you just replace the struts. You can purchase a “Quick strut assembly" for the front, that has the spring installed on the strut; you would not need to remove the spring on the old strut. Monroe SensaTrac struts seem to work better than other brands on the Buicks. The link below will provide you some insight between Reflex and SensaTrac;
You would need a floor jack, jack stands, 15/16 " socket, air impact wrench and some other basic tools to perform the strut replacement. If you don't have an air impact, you need a long pull bar and strong arms to break the bolts loose. Don't forget, the car will have to be aligned after strut replacement!
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=482111&highlight=rear+air+struts
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=409907&highlight=strut

gottabike
02-25-2006, 12:32 AM
well i may just have a shop do it. I just worry about that air level system because every repair shop i've called is freaking when i mention it has that......

HotZ28
02-25-2006, 09:00 AM
Replacement of the air ride strut is the same as the regular strut, the only difference is, you have an air line too hook up! (Less than 1-min to install). If you have a shop "freaking" over that, I would find another shop. The labor should be the same for both kinds. It sounds like the shops you called are not knowledgeable on strut replacement. Check with Pep Boys. Get a labor price first!!

gottabike
03-20-2006, 03:18 PM
I found a shop that will do all 4 for 450 and the guy had no issues. the poeple freaking out were brake check and firestone lol. which firestone just did a fuel pump for me. 600 dollars i should have just burned. it blew on a road trip

HotZ28
03-20-2006, 04:30 PM
The shops I checked locally, (total of four) want $50-$75 each or $200-$300 labor for all four and $55-$65 for a 4-wheel alignment. Keep checking for a cheaper place!

Add your comment to this topic!