Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Veilside Front Bumper

Law_3KGT
02-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Okay so my problem is that i was drivin in the rain (in my 94 sl) and some stupid chick stopped at a yeild sign (one of those that has a full lane ahead of it so you don't have to stop or yeild at all) anyway the girl behind her had to slam on her brakes and i was looking down the road for like a second (literally) and when i looked ahead of me everyone was stopped and it was too late for me and i slid under the truck. so i got some estimates and the damage isn't too bad (i need a new front bumper cover and the passenger side side marker light) but its still gonna cost me about $800 to get it fixed (back to stock). now here is my question. Would it be stupid and and would you all hate me if i didn't go stock and got the veilside bumper? i love stock but the veilside is sweet lookin and only a few hundred dollars more. also would i really have to get the whole kit because the bumper would look stupid by itself or could i just get the bumper for now and get the rest of the kit later? I really want some of your opinions. Thanks

Igovert500
02-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I don't know if you would need the whole kit for fitment purposes, but if you only wanted the front bumper, why not. Who cares what we think. From all the threads on different bodykits, etc, it is fairly obvious that many of us have differing opinions. Some like kits, some only like the stock look, I'd say go with what makes you happy.
Sorry to hear about your crash though. I hate when people don't know the difference between yield and stop. It's a pet peeve. Hope it wont cause you any insurance issues or anything.

xXxRocker5150
02-23-2006, 09:26 PM
I don't like any of the aftermarket kits, except for that one that looks like the stock bumper, but just lower to the ground. If you want it, get it, but it might look kinda wierd, becuase I think it'll be lower to the ground than the rest of your car...

Morphius289
02-23-2006, 09:29 PM
If you really want an improvement, go for the 99' bumper w/bubble lights, and get the 3SX lip. Add 99' spoiler, paint car silver, and you got yourself a gorgeous car!

Dreamspawn
02-23-2006, 10:06 PM
vielside drool ne who whats up with 3kgt getting in wreaks latley i think mother nature has it out for us. BEWARE drive with a 3rd eye and for chirst sakes quit cheacking out the chicks driving by 3kgt owners lol.

Morphius289
02-23-2006, 10:35 PM
I think it goes the other way around:naughty:

Law_3KGT
02-24-2006, 12:06 AM
Yeah I didn't file on insurance because the truck was fine and my deductable is 500 bucks so it totally wouldn't even be worth it. But on the subject of the 99 conversion I would do it but it would end up costing a lot more than I have to spend which is sad because that main car on 3sx with the conversion (the black one) is freakin HOT! Anyway right now its lookin like I'm gonna go with the Veilside. Oh and if anyone has the Veilside kit please gimme some info on it and maybe some pics. Thanks everybody.

Stealthee
02-24-2006, 01:02 AM
Why would 99 conversion cost more?? All you really need is the bumper cover, 99 turns, and Stealth headlights. Dont buy the stuff like that on 3sx. You can get it much cheaper from a dealer. I paid $400 for my 99 bumper. I paid $110(in that range) for my turns. Both of those items together are cheaper than what 3sx wants for the bumper alone.;)

Morphius289
02-24-2006, 07:09 AM
Yeah, but a lot of people want the bubble lights with the whole conversion kit. And, according to the last group buy price, I think I remember the price for both of them being set at around $1100.

Stealthee
02-24-2006, 07:12 AM
No it was actually closer to $900 if I remember right. $1100 is about the regualr price for both.

Morphius289
02-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Ah, my bad. All I remember is that they were pretty pricey.

Law_3KGT
02-24-2006, 02:55 PM
yeah i would want the bubble headlights and that is the only thing stopping me from doing that conversion

Mikelb
02-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Damn, there have been a lot of wrecks here lately...

Stealthee
02-28-2006, 05:41 PM
I almost wrecked mine this morning. Figure that 7 months in hibernation and the second day I drive it I almsot wreck.

I was going down my hill leaving for work. DOwnshift heading for a bend near the the bottom, let the clutch out and it started sliding before I could do anything. I almost hit the guard rails but got stopped and only made contact with a branch. Put a small scuff on the front bumper. It could have been worse.

Dreamspawn
02-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Damn dude your stelth isn't having a good few last trips barries and guard rails.

Stealthee
02-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Yeah I was pretty pissed off. I knew I didnt hit them but figured the stupid branch would have put a bigger gash in teh bumper. Luckily it didnt. It was just bad luck of letting out the clutch as I was over some loose ash then a little bit of sluch helped the slide. Its all good now though.

I actually slid into those same guard rails over three years ago. Just kinda caved the bumper in a little but as soon as it warmed up it popped back out. That was when I was stock bodied though.

Mikelb
03-01-2006, 07:02 AM
Damn, sry to hear it Stealthee, glad it wasn't worse...

Add your comment to this topic!