Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2g spyder alarm system

Trueeclipse
02-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Hey all

I was wondering exactly how the 2g spyder alarm system works...

All I know is that when I lock it I see a security sign on the gauge panel then it disapears, at which point if I unlock the door by simply opening it from the inside the alarm sounds...

But does it have a shock sensor, whats to stop someone from going inside with out opening the door and taking everything...?

nova1313
02-23-2006, 10:09 PM
it does have a shock sensor because when I ahve it armed if i go in my trunk with my key its' fine. But if i move stuff around to much or lean on my spyder it goes off. So I don't know what type of force will set it off but that will.

l_eclipse_l
02-23-2006, 11:34 PM
In my experiences, it does not have a shock sensor. Pretty much the only thing that makes it go off is opening the door when armed.

nova1313
02-23-2006, 11:48 PM
hrm odd... I wonder why it went off on my old spyders trunk when I was in it for a while then. I never set it off on my new spyder yet.

Trueeclipse
02-24-2006, 03:28 PM
In my experiences, it does not have a shock sensor. Pretty much the only thing that makes it go off is opening the door when armed.

same here...

should i get a new alarm system?

yellowspyder
02-25-2006, 08:39 PM

mines the same. I put a compustar in it and it still doesnt seem to sense it if you lean on it or move around inside with the top down. I think i just need to adjust the sensitivity on it but the sensor has no adjustment dials or anything on it so i am not quite sure how to do it.

nova1313
02-25-2006, 10:47 PM
i was shaking my car up today with the alarm on. Didn't seem to go off maybe my old one was faulty? hrm something i didn't think of though does the key in the trunk disarm the system because maybe i didn't wait 30 seconds after for it to arm again..

Add your comment to this topic!