Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

battery light?

carguyvr4
02-23-2006, 06:17 PM
ok so i replaced my battery recently and everything is tight on it but everytime i make a right hand turn or anything like it the battery like flickers.... now i tryed having some one watch for the batter light to flash while i move the battery around and what not but nothing happened i was woundering if it could possibly be the alternator and everytime i make the right hand turn it puts strain on it and the vlotage drops is.. does this sound familar to anyone ?

Dreamspawn
02-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Ok the battary flickers explain like gauges/headlight dim or its like u loose power totaly? I know if you alternator is up to par and hit the breaks and the guages etc dim that is alt. But if a full on loss double check those cables. Only right turns could it be fuel pickup issue i know in the maro if i hang a curve really tight on lower fuel it would somthign simular b/c the fuel pickup.

AutostradaVR4
02-23-2006, 07:48 PM
do you lose power? or does the light just flicker...

2old
02-24-2006, 11:00 AM
I hate to sound like a idiot but I saw a light that I thought was a bettery light that gave the same symptoms as well.

I spend a few days trying to figure out what was wrong when I finally broke down and looked up the light it turned out it was the coolant light (which looks more like a battery then a radiator).

But that is jsut me.

carguyvr4
02-24-2006, 01:54 PM
the light is like the third or fourth one down from the right side guage lights.... yea my headlights do flicker somewhat when the idle goes up or down but i dont loose power it jsut flickers while i turn my steering wheel like a quarter turn to the right but it only does it while driving not if i jstu turn the wheel stoped....it also does it durring some bumps but i dont loose power it jstu flickers its really puzzleing cuz i checked my battery connections and they are all tight i even pushed the battery around and the light didnt flicker?

Igovert500
02-24-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm with 2old, double check the manual and make sure it is the battery light. Because I once had issues with thinking the coolant light was a wiper fluid light. Always best to double check first.

carguyvr4
02-25-2006, 10:00 AM
i put coolant in the thing it wasnt that low but a lil and the light still coems on so idk and i dont have the manual for the car the guy i bought it from didnt have it

Linebckr49
02-27-2006, 12:28 AM
i think i know the problem. the light that is flickering ONLY when you turn your car while moving is the WINDSHIELD WASHER RESERVOIR light. it just means that you're low on washer fluid. the same exact thing has happended to me many a time: only when turning while moving does this same light flicker.

here is a diagram of all the indicator lights. the one in question is #27. hope this helps, sorry the picture is fuzzy.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/1238943000GT_indicator_lights-med.JPG

Add your comment to this topic!