Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What does this mean????

NoBrakes
06-27-2002, 10:54 AM
i was looking at some past threads and i saw something that caught my attention, what does curbside means??

i was browsing thru Hiroaki Fukuda site (by the way this was the very first site that caught my attention 2 years back and i take this chance to say that it is one of my guidelines in modeling world) and he has there something called factory stock and box stock, what's the difference???

thx

Cheers

DVSNCYNIKL
06-27-2002, 11:12 AM
Factory stock refers to the car itself. Everything that it comes with, is to build the car stock.

Box stock means that, let's say you want to modify the cars like with rims, skirts, tails, etc., the parts to do so come stock in the box.

Some members on here modify dramatically a car with other model car parts. So when they post pics on here, they'll say something like either it's box stock or highly modified.

As for the curbside, not sure. Someone else care to answer.

Wishmaster
06-27-2002, 11:29 AM
I asked the same question last sunday at the IPMS, the answer i got was : It is only the outside things, the things that are visible without opening doors or hoods/bonnets are curbside.. So no full engine detail or openable things. just a plain outside and interior, since the windows don't hide that.. That's what I remembered. Hope it is the right explanation and that it is helpful

Greetz
Stefan

fwdfreak
06-27-2002, 11:30 AM
curbside should be a model with no engine detail

edit:i was late :D

mstngcobrasvt98
06-27-2002, 02:45 PM
I think curbside also means no interior and no engine. Cheap to manufacture but some of the kits are awesome.

ales
06-27-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by memphiz
curbside should be a model with no engine detail

Absoluely correct, my little padawan :D:D:D

Also: box stock = factory stock (only things that come in the kit) - at least that's been my understanding :D

patate
06-27-2002, 06:14 PM
curbside=no engine details
slamer=no engine+no interior
hope this help you a bit

mario:D

NoBrakes
06-27-2002, 07:15 PM
thank you all guys, now when you talk using these terms, i know what you are saying.

Cheers

hirofkd
06-27-2002, 07:52 PM
I borrowed those terms from the contest rules I participated in the past.
The category varies show by show. Here is an example from Heartland National.
http://springday.com/hmcn/classes.htm

Add your comment to this topic!