Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

whats your favorite countach?

gemballa
06-27-2002, 06:04 AM
hi i wanted to know what countach do you consider the best of all?
and if you know about a rare countach that nobody knows?:D

Magda
06-27-2002, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by gemballa
hi i wanted to know what countach do you consider the best of all?
and if you know about a rare countach that nobody knows?:D
1º rare its the Spider
2º My favorite its this LP5000QV model:
http://lambor.hoops.ne.jp/CountachQV-21.jpg
http://lambor.hoops.ne.jp/CountachQV-23.jpg
http://lambor.hoops.ne.jp/CountachQV-22.jpg

gemballa
06-27-2002, 06:25 AM
do you know where i can find countach videos?
another page than www.countach.cc !

Magda
06-27-2002, 06:47 AM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t16015.html

taglio
08-19-2002, 09:03 AM
The best COUNTACH is a 25 th. anniversary 1990 black with interior red and a rear spoiler.
This is my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jim501
08-19-2002, 09:19 AM
Well, My new found favourite is the The Lamborghini Countach 'Alfieri'.
It has also named the restyling prototype. It was a working prototype that is as far as I know in Patrick Mimran's private collection. There are photos on lambocars.

bobki
11-12-2002, 06:09 PM
I love a wht on wht anniversary!

GIJOE
11-16-2002, 10:31 PM
I am partial to the 5000S.

Maybe because that's what I own.

Who knows.

Joe

PS-A 99 Roadster is sweet also.

jsb88
11-28-2002, 09:25 AM
I like the LP5000QV best. :)

Menu dei Motori
11-28-2002, 11:50 AM
i like the LP5000QV model most , too
at our cart-track it´s quite often standing there
in red like on the pics!
really great

jsb88
11-30-2002, 09:31 AM
that is nice. the side vents are just like on the murcywhatever.

Menu dei Motori
12-01-2002, 07:02 AM
murcielago... --- ... very easy ! hehe
but the coutach cannot put them in and out!

jsb88
12-05-2002, 08:35 AM
countach any day. In Top Gear they took a load of children outside, and ocmpared the price of cars to the amount of house you could buy. There was a porsche(?) a TVR, a Pagani Zonda, and then drove in the Countach. They voted for the cCuntach as the best looking car!

Menu dei Motori
12-06-2002, 06:06 AM
what tvr?
oh i would say in styling the pagani zonda s beats everything

jsb88
12-06-2002, 06:44 AM
I love the quad exahust... Cerbera I think.

Menu dei Motori
12-06-2002, 07:25 AM
well i love the tuscan!
but cerbera is my second favourtie car of tvr :D

jsb88
12-07-2002, 08:51 AM
mmm... me too. The new one looks rather odd.

gemballa
12-07-2002, 09:22 PM
tohse are nice cars!

Menu dei Motori
12-08-2002, 04:41 AM
of course hehe
have you seen the top gear tuscan video?

jsb88
12-08-2002, 05:51 AM
probably at some point. There are many Top Gear videos on the internet - they are the best.

Menu dei Motori
12-08-2002, 06:34 AM
get all you´ll like them!

-FROG-
12-17-2002, 11:33 AM
I have been in love with the Countach for the last 20 years of my live! I grew up dreaming about what it would be like to own one. I have made my dream come true with my replica. I have really been faling for the iablo Roadster as well. I think one day I will sell my Countach Rep and get a Roadster Rep, but I am very happy for now. I did see a pic of a "Tuned" Maroon Countach with Gold 5 Stars on here posted by the Lambo Hunter Himself, I believe. That was a VERY nice personal touch of someone's Countach.

jsb88
01-08-2003, 03:22 PM
It is a very nice car... in the Top Gear tests they ofund out that small children prefer a ocuntach to a Zonda, TVR of a Ferrari.

gemballa
01-08-2003, 09:51 PM
where can i see that video where the kids prefer the countach!

Menu dei Motori
01-09-2003, 06:41 AM
yes what video is that?

gemballa
01-14-2003, 06:13 PM
we want to know!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Scarecrow
05-19-2003, 07:16 AM
European spec. 5000 QV. No contest.

SuPeRcAr_MaN
05-19-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by -FROG-
I have been in love with the Countach for the last 20 years of my live! I grew up dreaming about what it would be like to own one. I have made my dream come true with my replica. I have really been faling for the iablo Roadster as well. I think one day I will sell my Countach Rep and get a Roadster Rep, but I am very happy for now. I did see a pic of a "Tuned" Maroon Countach with Gold 5 Stars on here posted by the Lambo Hunter Himself, I believe. That was a VERY nice personal touch of someone's Countach.

I wanted to say that I like your Countach replica, and it is probably one of the most convincing ones I have seen. I wanted to ask you if you are going to invest in buying an authectic Lamborghini, rather than just another replica. If it is a dream, than why keep buying fakes? I understand how expensive it can be and how hard it can be for someone to get one, but I just wanted to ask. You can PM me if you feel it is too off-topic for this thread.

80's Dreaming
05-19-2003, 02:34 PM
I also hope to own a Countach someday, but never and never I shall buy a Replica.That's no sense for me.I think that driving a Countach it's not only driving a good-looking object but also keeps you involved in the history, the tradition and the legend that the Lamborghini brand can afford.And a Replica can't absolutely give those sensations......With the money of a fake you could have a REAL Jalpa!Anyway, if the only thing you like in car like a Countach is the looks, a replica maybe the right choice.That's what I personally think, maybe I'm wrong!

lambo1
05-19-2003, 04:10 PM
I think anyone would love to own the real deal...most people can't afford to run the car even if they saved to buy a real one...from what I hear a Countach motor to rebuild is about $30,000 US dollars...to get the clutch replaced...about $9500 US...these are truly race cars...they are high maintenace cars for people with deep pockets...happy saving

SuPeRcAr_MaN
05-19-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by 80's Dreaming
I also hope to own a Countach someday, but never and never I shall buy a Replica.That's no sense for me.I think that driving a Countach it's not only driving a good-looking object but also keeps you involved in the history, the tradition and the legend that the Lamborghini brand can afford.And a Replica can't absolutely give those sensations......With the money of a fake you could have a REAL Jalpa!Anyway, if the only thing you like in car like a Countach is the looks, a replica maybe the right choice.That's what I personally think, maybe I'm wrong!

I would also never buy a replica. But if it is truly your dream to own a Countach or Diablo, and cannot raise the money to buy a real one, I would consider it okay to get a replica. It is the closest to their dream some people will get.

Scarecrow
05-20-2003, 08:15 AM
Replicas are OK, and some even look good enough to fool you until you start looking real close. But all that disappears when you start them up. Part of the experience of owning a Countach is the NOISE. You just can't beat a Lambo V12 at 8000rpm bellowing through a sports exhaust.
That's the real deal, IMO. :cool:

SuPeRcAr_MaN
05-20-2003, 03:45 PM
So true... I hate when a replica looks as good as a real Lambo, and then there is a V6 under the hood. I guess replicas are purely for looks, definitely not for good driving...

-FROG-
05-29-2003, 05:35 PM
I bought my replica for $30,000.00 and my insurence is approx $1,100.00 per year. I also own a 1995 12 second Ford Mustang(selling), a 1988 Ford Mustang GT(daily driver) and a Buick Regal(selling). I am 27 years old and make approxamately $37,000.00 per year. Do you think I can afford a real Lamborghini, let alone the insurance and maintenence that goes along with it? I possibly could find a Jota somewhere for approxomately $35,000.00 but do you think I could possibly afford maintainence or parts for it? Come on people, think about it. I said I have dreamed about owning a Lamborghini since I was a child but I know the reality of it will not happen any time soon and this is as close as I can get right now. The Replica has been te most incredible thing for me even though it's not real. Yes, I could say that I would prefur a real one if I had the money but you can't posibly realize how awsome it is to drive something like this around unless you have one or even better yet, a REAL one! I look back on my post and want to correct when I said "I have made my dream come true with my replica" when I should have said ALMOST come true. Nevertheless, I can't afford my dream car for real so this is as close as I can get right now.

I also want to point out that this replica drives better than any other car I have driven and quite possibly better than most people give them credit for. The simple physical demensions of the car make it handle the road as if you are on rails since it sits so low and wide. The motor is mid engine and keeps the tires on the ground very well with no leaning and swaying around corners in the strengthened chasis. I took a new 911 Porsche in this car on a windie road because it couldn't handle like mine. Of course he did take me on the straight away but my replica does run like my stock GT in the 1/4 which is not bad for a V6 that is slightly modded. I didn't smoke the Porsche or anything around the corners, he just mentioned he had a really hard time keeping up with me around the turns. I also do have the exhaust extremely loud, and I'm not talking "Rice" loud, I'm talking about near duplicating the Countach loud. I have heard numerous people tell me that it sounds like the real ones they have heard. There is a Black Coutach(real) that frequeints my neighborhood and I was right behind him in my Buick one day. I listened to every rev and idle and was fascinated as to how I have nearly duplicated the tone and volume. His was just a few decibels louder than mine but very unnoticable to someone that as an untrained ear. Of course, at Wide Open Throttle there will be a VERY destinct difference but normal driving and gunning it every now and then was very impressive. A real Countach owner would be able to tell a difference because they own one and know their girls cry but not to other car buffs, and non car buffs have no clue. The exhaust is a single 12" glasspack with NO cateletic converter and resonator tips. For some reason it's VERY deep and a little raspy at the same time. Of course I never tell anyone it's real or anything like that. I am totally up front and honest. I find it so stupid when people lie about their replicas. They are made to look like fools! I respect the origional REAL cars and owners more than that.

I am sorry to go on and on like this and do not mean any disrespect towards anyone or do I want to sound arrogant in any way. I'm just stating my situation and trying to let you know that there are some quality replicas out there and they aren't ALL slow and cheesy like most of them are. Trust me, I have been around quite a few and know where most people's minds are when they here the work "Replica" or "Kit Car". I just want to stick up for my little lady! She's been good to me. -Paul

spare_me_a_murci
05-30-2003, 04:58 AM
I understand, I wish I could even have a replica! :(

Anyway, it would be cool if you ever try a real one so you could let us know what it is like compared to your replica!

-FROG-
05-30-2003, 10:48 AM
That would deffinately be nice!

Add your comment to this topic!