Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

XMODS Evolution cars and trucks

igor@af
02-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Hey guys,

Radioshack approached us to promote their XMODS line-up of car models.

If you get a chance, we'd appreciate your support by giving their site a visit:
XMODS Evolution website (http://files.automotiveforums.com/ads/adclick.php?bannerid=8&zoneid=7&source=&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xmodsrc.com%2Fhome%2Findex.p hp)

It would also be great to get your feedback on these products here. It will help us make sure the partners we choose as advertisers on this website are appropriate and beneficial to you.

Thanks,

Igor

blubaja
02-21-2006, 09:10 PM
They are cool. And semi inexpensive. If they bumped up the scale, it would be alot better for us modelers. Why did yo post this in the models section anyway Igor? Or is this a sitewide thread?

freakray
02-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Xmods are not popular here, just visit the RC section (where this thread should live) and you can see the beating they get.

They really are a glorified RC toy that the serious RC hobbyist will never look on in the same light as a Losi, Tamiya, HPI or any other real hobby RC manfacturer.

SteveK2003
02-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Valid point, except for that fact that the 'real' R/C cars are disappearing at an alarming rate these days. I think my LHS has about 5 'kits' that you have to build, and about 20 pre-built cars and trucks. Most of them with wretched nitromethane burning engines.

I put the blame squarely on Traxxas.

igor@af
02-21-2006, 09:21 PM
When I was growing up in Japan, I used to be waaaay into the "Mini-yon-ku" - the mini 4wd cars. It was awesome, you could change so much stuff on the little cars and they were relatively inexpensive. Then we raced them on mini-racetracks that have sidewalls on both sides to see who would win. We even had motors that had more torque and ones that had more top-end.... or so we were told to believe.

igor@af
02-21-2006, 09:22 PM
http://www.bandbhobby.com/gr/smudge2.gif

blubaja
02-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Hmm..Igor, if you are looking for sponsors...How possible is it to try to get the model manufacturers in on this site? We all have wanted them to see our opinions for some time.

SteveK2003
02-21-2006, 09:35 PM
When I was growing up in Japan, I used to be waaaay into the "Mini-yon-ku" - the mini 4wd cars. It was awesome, you could change so much stuff on the little cars and they were relatively inexpensive. Then we raced them on mini-racetracks that have sidewalls on both sides to see who would win. We even had motors that had more torque and ones that had more top-end.... or so we were told to believe.

Those were somewhat popular here in the late 1980s, but for a very short time. Matchbox and Hotwheels each had their own lines, and you could sometimes find Tamiya cars and the Wild Mini 4WD trucks in regular toy and department stores.

I think their popularity here was somewhat tempered by the newly resurgent video game industry, and the increasing availability of both hobby- and toy-grade R/C cars. At the time, you could get Tamiya cars and trucks in Toys R Us and the JC Penney's Christmas catalogue, and store shelves were chock full of Tyco and Nikko R/C cars.

Back in those days, ~1987 through the very early 90s, it seemed like somebody on every block had a Blackfoot or Grasshopper or something else from Tamiya.

H311m4n
10-06-2006, 10:43 AM
When I wanted to buy a 1/24th scale RC car I had 2 choices : Xmods or mini-z.

And honestly, even though mini-z are a lot more expensive, I always went for them (I own a Mini-z overland and a awd). I read just to much bad feadback on them like they handled bad, broke down and so on...

Plus if radioshack would make it able to ship worldwide, then maybe I'd buy one (they're just to expensive over here and as for the parts, not many are being sold...).

Add your comment to this topic!