Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Problems Help!!!

crabby760
02-21-2006, 05:58 PM
today i realized i am missing a bolt that connects the rear bracket to the tranny.... and also 1 bolt that goes from the tranny to the block

i tried replacing the bolt to that rear bracket but seems as if the hole on the tranny i sstripped.... i had a new bolt and it will not tigten just strips....

any ideas on what i can do to possibly fix this problem...

please don't say NEW TRANNY

klippersr
03-21-2006, 11:55 PM
to do it right, install a heli coil in metric which is available at auto parts stores, and use original size tranny bolt. There not hard to install.

hxgaser
03-22-2006, 08:27 AM
Or you can rethread the hole by using a tap and die set

blitzcivic
03-23-2006, 12:51 PM
use a tap and die and rethread, helicoils dont always hold up and can fall out if not properly done right

klippersr
03-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Your absolutely right if heli coils are not installed right, they might give you trouble. If person reluctant or does,nt have experience and not confinant using these, should use retapping to larger hole, which is easier. I utilize heli coils and have,nt had a problem. I did,nt realize you wanted the quickest fix, and should have mentioned both methods, Sorry.

klippersr
03-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Your absolutely right if heli coils are not installed right, they might give you trouble. If person reluctant or does,nt have experience and not confinant using these, should use retapping to larger hole, which is easier. I utilize heli coils and have,nt had a problem. I did,nt realize you wanted the quickest fix, and should have mentioned both methods, Sorry.

Add your comment to this topic!