Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

how much thoes it costs to restaure a countach?

gemballa
06-27-2002, 01:57 AM
hello
i wanted to know how much thoes it costs to fully restaure a countach?
:confused:

lambocars
06-27-2002, 03:14 AM
This is one of those questions that can't be answered up front.

If you would bring your Countach to for instance Al Burtoni, he won't even give you an estimate, mainly because he never will be able to tell what he'll find underneath the nicely repainted bodywork, could be great, but it could be hell too.

I've seen a Countach that looked like new, new paint, new tires and a brand new leather upholstery, but it drove like hell, seemed that the rear suspension was setup completely wrong because the space frame chassis was actually bend !

You don't need to be a genius to figure out the final cost of getting this car back into shape ...

Kind regards

Donluigi
07-03-2002, 12:23 AM
Hi,

I asked my mechanic and he said "if you have to ask, don`t do it". Isn`t that nice? All I know: stick to a really good car, instead of getting a "project". If you have to restore a lot, it`ll probably be way more expensive than getting a perfect one. That was the experience with 3 cars I owned myself.
As for lamborghini: I was shocked about how expensive and how hard to get most of the parts are (and that`s for europe). No problem to get rubber lining for a `59 Mercedes Benz. But for a `82 Countach? Have fun!

All the best,

Tobias

fobermueller
05-04-2003, 02:22 PM
I've got first hand knowledge on restoring a countach. About ten years ago I acquired a '84 project COuntach. It had been in a fire and the seller(owner of a auto body fabrication shop) replaced all the panels. The engine had been completely rebuilt but was minus the carbs.
First off there are no Countach partt cars out there so almost everything comes from the factory, be prepared to spend 1200 on a carb that would cost 350 for a Fiiat. Getting the brakes was almost impossible except the my guy begged Gerling to sell him the rebuilt kit which wasn't officially available and he still had to machine the caliper pistoms from scratch.
I'm already into the project by 40K in restoration costs alone.
My advice is unless you have a machine shop try to get the countach with the best mechanical history. Paint and interior work all things that cost the same whether a Lambo or a Camaro.
Good luck

Scarecrow
05-19-2003, 07:51 AM
LOTS!!!

Add your comment to this topic!