Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Just bought a 912, need info

Bens3rdGen
02-21-2006, 01:40 PM
I've recently purchased a porsche 912. It's basically a shell, no motor or tranny. No interior or windows. Body needs a little TLC.
I want to turn it into a race car. I was hoping people can post a couple things for me.

1. I'm looking for other Porsche forums, specifically for the 912 but I'll look at anything that can give me some info on classic porsches. I take a look at links, forums, personnal web pages, anything...

2. Who offers performance parts for these cars. I'm going to be buying a few resto parts but mostly speed goodies. If you know any reliable companies that I should be looking at, please post them.

Any info appreciated, thanks.
Ben

kelwa1
10-28-2007, 07:09 PM
The only GOOD sites I know of for reliable info are

http://forums.aircooledtechnology.com/

http://www.912registry.org/

The first one is dedicated to building a VW type 4 engine, which is used in the Porsche 914's, 1976 Porsche 912E, VW 411/412, and 72 and later VW Type 2 buses. You'll find boatloads of valuable, usable info there with enthusiasts who give a damn what you're doing with your car. All of the newest techology for these great cars reside there.

The second one is just that, THE site for the Porsche 912.

Become a member of both and you wont be sorry.

Damn, shoulda looked at the post date

912renn
11-07-2008, 06:11 PM
I may have info for you soon.

I am restoring my 912 to a Rennsport Racer and am sticking with a VW 2.5L by Bergmann or Raby. I have started a blog describing my journey. Any helpful feedback would be great.

outlaw-rennsport.blogspot.com

Check it out and let me know before I send anyone my money!!!

SML

kelwa1
11-07-2008, 08:52 PM
I may have info for you soon.

I am restoring my 912 to a Rennsport Racer and am sticking with a VW 2.5L by Bergmann or Raby. I have started a blog describing my journey. Any helpful feedback would be great.

outlaw-rennsport.blogspot.com

Check it out and let me know before I send anyone my money!!!

SML

Check out that first link in my previous post, register, lurk, ask questions, and LEARN. Honestly the best info out there, IMHO. You aren't just buying a turnkey engine, or engine kit with your money, you'll be a part of the entire VW/Porsche Aircooled revolution, with total support and literally years of customer and professional support dedicated to keeping the hobby alive, in ALL shapes, sizes, and forms.

I wouldn't send my worst enemy to Bergmann.

Add your comment to this topic!