Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2005 Tacoma windshield problems

TL1
02-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Maybe I am just unlucky, but I am getting ready to have the fourth windshield installed in my '05 Tacoma. I purchased the truck last July and have had three crack from rocks hitting them. One of the rocks would have probably cracked any windshield, it was about the size of a golf ball, but the other two have been fairly small. Has anyone else had problems with the new Tacoma's and windshields cracking? Is it possibly the angle of the windshield that is causing this? I have tried contacting Toyota and my dealer, but they have been of no help.

Jesse1983
02-22-2006, 03:23 PM
that's funny. i had the same problem with my 01 Tacoma. i was to the point where i would not get the windshield fixed until i had to have it inspected because as soon as i got it fixed it would get cracked again. i thought i was the only one. i also thought it had something to do with my bug guard up front. i've had my 05 for about a week now and no cracks yet, but i'm sure they're coming.

trevis
02-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Yes, I've had the same problem! I have had very bad luck with My 05 Tacoma windshield. The smallest rocks chips have turned my windshield into a road map. I've been too cheap to replace it but it needs it. It's frusterating cuz I haven't had the windshield on previous vehicles crack this bad.

KimMG
02-24-2007, 03:46 AM
I try to keep a good distance from other vehicles on the road after having my new windshield chipped by a rock two days after installation. It now has five chips and one is starting to crack after five years. My Ford and MG also have rock chips in the windshield. I just attributed it to the increased amount of traffic on the roads causing the roads to deteriorate and therefore a lot of loose rocks on the roads.

Add your comment to this topic!