98 Kia Wont Start

morph54s_gurl
02-21-2006, 12:14 PM
HELP my 98 kia sephia wont fire up. I started it up no problem, (in the freezing cold after it sat all day the previous day and all night) warmed it up about 10 minutes, drove an 1/8 mi and got out, about an hour later went to leave and it would nt start, nothing, popped the hood checked battery cables tightened them down (this is usually the propblem), turned over but didnt fire up, I had a 1/4 tank of gas, added another quarter equalling 1/2 tank, added fuel heet to thaw gas lines, anti freeze levels are good. Lights and everything works fine hubby switched around reset switches and on one the lights quit working? I know there is no furl reset switch so thats out,Cant locate spark plugs to check them? hubby cant seem to hear if fuel pump kicks on when trying to start it. What do I do. Nearest kia dealer is 50 mi away and no one will touch my car, any advice what do we check first second, third? Please help! I just put over 300 in it less than a month ago. This car hates me! I have only had it a year and a month and already replaced, power steering pump, brakes twice, rotors, frt lft axel, all lug bolts, tires 3 times, and its dead again.

morph54s_gurl
02-21-2006, 12:24 PM
ok, got new spark plugs, hubby sprayed stuff spray start (i think) into a thingy (air intake maybe), pardon my ignorance as far as auto parts are concerned, and it fired up briefly, so something with fuel system, hubby cant hear pump kick on. (My car has a recall on the wiring harness on the fuel pump), could this b the prob. The tow to the nearest kia is over 200.00 and if the harness isnt the problem then im out the 200, plus parts and labor, please help! I have never had a problem with any fuel type problem before, does that help any? as far as clogged lines or clogged fuel injecters and if not how do i go about checking them? im so lost. oh and thanks for your reply.

MeettheCreeper
02-25-2006, 06:45 PM
ok, got new spark plugs, hubby sprayed stuff spray start (i think) into a thingy (air intake maybe), pardon my ignorance as far as auto parts are concerned, and it fired up briefly, so something with fuel system, hubby cant hear pump kick on. (My car has a recall on the wiring harness on the fuel pump), could this b the prob. The tow to the nearest kia is over 200.00 and if the harness isnt the problem then im out the 200, plus parts and labor, please help! I have never had a problem with any fuel type problem before, does that help any? as far as clogged lines or clogged fuel injecters and if not how do i go about checking them? im so lost. oh and thanks for your reply.

This is probably too late but, have someone shake the engine compartment fuse box while trying to start.

They have problems with internal shorts.

Add your comment to this topic!