Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

drum to disk conversion 94 honda civic

Jay 2da dizzoe
02-20-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm looking to replace the rear drums on my civic with a disk set up. Can anyone help with this? Is there a conversion kit? Can I loot the parts off of an integra? If so what do I need?

midwest_villain
02-20-2006, 06:53 PM
You might want to look around at 95 Civic's which were the first year they put rear disc's on the things. I'm pretty sure all the other rear suspension components are the same from 94-95. I myself am still looking for a decently priced aftermarket big brake kit for the front and rear. I know they make them but theres no way you're getting any kind of setup for under 2 G's

snowman2005
02-20-2006, 10:27 PM
wrong. you can get rear disk off an integra(forgot which year) or any civic from that 92-95 for about $100-$500 from junkyards, classifieds etc. btw theres no point in changing your rear drums to disk unless you race(not stupid street race bs) or u just want it for the looks.

Jay 2da dizzoe
10-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the replies. Some one stole my ride before I had a chance to do it. The rear trailing arms, the break booster, and master cylinder from an integra seems to be what I'll need and they look like they will bolt on. I found them for $60 a peice at a local bone yard. I just bought a 95 civic ex/si... I plan to do the same conversion. I'll let you know how it comes out. it's getting cold up here and I don't have a garage so... next break in the wheather I'll get it done.

Pavlo
11-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Everybody is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For any 1992-2000 civics the 94+ integra rear trailing arm assemblies bolt right in. You need to make sure though that you grab the e-brake cables, and the brake lines for the rear wheels. You don't need a master cylinder and booster, however, if you do want one you can get the '93 ex 4 door, they had a 15/16 mc, which is the biggest you can get for our brake boosters without upgrading to the teg one. After that get yourself a proportioning vavle from a all disc, non-abs integra, this will take advange of the rear discs.

This has been covered millions of times, and there are ton of write-up, search around on honda-tech.com.

Add your comment to this topic!