Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Too freakin cold

pr0ject01
02-20-2006, 09:14 AM
This is really starting to piss me off. It's cold as crap outside, and for the winter I have parked my stealth. So she sits there, everyday.. waiting to be unleashed. And it's so freaking cold out, I dont even want to go start her up! I hate the winter, and I hate the snow. I am so moving down to florida when i am a little bit more older. If I could just take my car out once, would be great. But no, I got this 4 cylinder jeep wrangler, that is slow as balls. Seriously, floored I can get this thing to atleast 85 mph. Although, my advantage, going down a hill I can hit 92 mph. It sucks so much, with my Stealth I could be in 3rd gear and doing 92 mph. Cant wait until april..

Let alone, just thought I would add it in, There is no damn heat in my Wrangler. So, it's one cold ass ride to school everyday since I commute, Hour and a half to get there, Hour and a half back. Brr...

xXxRocker5150
02-20-2006, 09:41 AM
^ You just let it sit there w/o starting it?? I just don't think that's a great idea, I'd start it at least once a week and let it run for like 5 min, just to make sure the battery doesn't die, etc...

Yea our minivan doesn't have heat either and it totally fuckin blows, where do you live n.e. ways???

G-man422
02-20-2006, 09:50 AM
I hear ya. winter can get pretty annoying.

AutostradaVR4
02-20-2006, 10:18 AM
i just let mine sit too...havnt started it in months. The battery will most surely go dead if it isnt already, but ill deal with that rather than putting her through all the freezing cold starts

Stealthee
02-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Mine sat unstarted for over 6 months.:( I fired her up the other day to put in the garage.

Hotshot8792
02-21-2006, 01:46 AM
sucks to live up north,

of course it got down to 20 degrees this past weekend, a rare occurance around here, but happens about once a year. I was mad at that stupid cold front, it was 70 degrees here and then it brought temps down to 20, but its starting to warm back up again cause of the gulf coast air.

pr0ject01
02-21-2006, 12:50 PM
I live in Danville, Pennsylvania. It's really freaking boring here, but it's a place to live I guess. And no, I do start her up. I was just saying, I dont want to because it's cold and I don't want to go out.

Yes, no heat does suck. But remember, I don't think your minivan is a soft top.

YogsVR4
02-21-2006, 04:57 PM
The cars been put to bed for four months now. Another two to three and she'll be put back on the road. I've gotten used to it over the years. It just makes it all that more special to take her back out.

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

Morphius289
02-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Hah. I think it's gotten below freezing maybe twice this winter.

deagle50ae
02-21-2006, 11:53 PM
man. drive that shit in the winter. parking lot drifting is sweet. cops hate me though.

it's always cold here in MN.

i love my VR4 in winter

rossy, drunken rambling)

liquidPunk
02-22-2006, 06:44 PM
I still drive my car in the winter, but sadly it doesnt feel the same, I just don't get quite as excited unless its a nice day.

Plus I'm in Virginia, and the weather just keeps toying with us, it will get almost warm, then hit freezing again, and its gay... very gay...

but its all good. ends up being more appreciation for the summer and I remember winter and use that as motivation to get off my butt and have some fun.

ps. winter sucks!

xXxRocker5150
02-22-2006, 06:58 PM
^today it was like 45 in chicago, and I almost took off my t-tops

pr0ject01
02-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Ya know, I am really glad that I did put my stealth away for the winter. Concidering that fact that I gotten into a 12 car pile up with my wrangler on a icey ass bridge, yeah. So my stealth would be totaled right now if I did drive it in the winter.

sLADe781
02-25-2006, 05:41 PM
The cars been put to bed for four months now. Another two to three and she'll be put back on the road. I've gotten used to it over the years. It just makes it all that more special to take her back out.

I honestly don't think I could store my car away for half the year....that's just too long of a time to be not driving her... :shakehead

Stealthee
02-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Almost 7 months for me. I've been dying inside. She should hit the road tomorrow though.:)

sLADe781
02-25-2006, 06:32 PM
^^Whoa, nice!!! You said you had an oil leak or something right....what was leaking and how did you find it? At any rate, congrats on getting her back on the road!!!

Stealthee
02-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Well the leak I fixed awhile back. It was partially from the cam seals, partially from the crank seal, and partially leaking from behind the oil pump. I had to fix all that then a few other issues arose. Once I had it all figured out the snow was flying and I didnt have good enough tires to drive it. I didnt have the money to buy any either. I got my tires for $100 off ebay, shipped them for $39, and had them mounted, balanced, and new valve seals for another $40. So I think I did good.:) Damn I cant wait to drive it. I need to wait till someone is home before i take it for a ride just in case something goes wrong.

Stealthee
02-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Well I took it for a ride and........

Shes good to go. Still smoking from blow by but you'll have that. Its driveable for now. I am hoping to start piecing together my other engine over the next few months. Maybe it have it in by NG.:D

sLADe781
02-27-2006, 09:19 AM
SWEET!!! Congrats on getting your babie back up and running again. :biggrin:

liquidPunk
03-02-2006, 12:24 AM
COOL DUDE! but please please drive carefull, your car looks hella sweet and you gotta get some time with the new engine in it before you muck anything else up!

Plus we dont want you hurt man!:uhoh:

Morphius289
03-02-2006, 12:28 AM
^lol, talk to stealthee sometime and I think you'll find that he's been extremely lucky so far.

youngvr4
03-02-2006, 12:50 AM
its been as cold as 18 degrees here. cold isnt bad up here, and the colder, the faster. its amazing how much faster the vr4 feels in the cold

Stealthee
03-02-2006, 05:06 PM
^lol, talk to stealthee sometime and I think you'll find that he's been extremely lucky so far.
Yeah I'm a bad ass like that.:D

18 aint cold young. 18 is what its been at around 5pm here. We have been in the single digits several times lately. Even had a few zero or below wind chills too.

pr0ject01
03-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Well gee, as of right now I really wish that it wasn't cold out. It snowed and rained and sleeted here today, so I was like yeah me and my buddies are going to go mudd bogging. Well anyway, we took it through this field and we are completely lost and we are just crusing and crusing throught this forest and then pretty much came to a dead end. And were like yeah! We'll get through it. No, not even close. My jeep now sits on the side of a cliff, stuck, with no gas and no way out. What a day.

liquidPunk
03-02-2006, 07:26 PM
HAHA.. that sucks dude:icon16:

But I tell you what to make you feel better check the thread Im about to post! Youll feel like a genius next to me, worst feeling ever today... Im such a dumb@$$ check it out and laugh whole heartedly at my incompetence!:screwy:

sLADe781
03-02-2006, 09:54 PM
pr0ject01, that sucks man...craziness...

Add your comment to this topic!