Want to install CD player on a 95 Maxima...

tela4422
02-20-2006, 05:00 AM
JUst bought a 95 maxima and it has a factory Bose CD player and tape deck. I want to install my CD player from my Monte carlo but I heard that you cant just put any CD player on BOse speakers because they have amps on the speakers. Is this true or can I just pop out the old one and pop the new one right in?

Nahkapohjola
02-20-2006, 06:56 AM
...pop out the old one and pop the new one right in?

Possibility, maybe no hi end solution(s)
- Bypass the amps in the speakers.
- Install suitable multi I/O potentiometer between Monte Carlo And Bose speaker(s).
- Buy new speakers.

clic through Favorite Links below and seek for your Bose wiring schema...

tela4422
02-20-2006, 07:03 AM
oh....Just so u know, Its not a chevy or GM cd player. Its an aftermarket Alpine. Does the same process apply?

Nahkapohjola
02-20-2006, 11:01 AM
oh....Just so u know, Its not a chevy or GM cd player. Its an aftermarket Alpine. Does the same process apply?

Note:
- There was three different approaches. Fourth is to find suitable resistors between Alpine-Bose and thus connect to Bose amplifiers. Alpine output to Bose amplifiers have to be tuned very low with the resistor(s).
- I am no hi end hifist. I Just connect one junk to another to produce sound. The sound suitable for me, gets my pianist friend to say good night...

I may be wrong, but the only problems I see is if the bare speaker is 4Ω, and your player specs suggests 8Ω, it may at some point zap the player amplifier,
- Speaker Ω -value should exact or higher than amp specs say, not to ruin Alpine.
- Speaker Wattage should be same or greater than than Alpine output W, not to ruin speakers.
(no problems with low volume.)

I guess also Alpine sells to anybody, stamping on required logos...

I think youre better off on some audio -forum, but dont err to ask for cheap solutions:)

I hope some hifist here throws more an better input...

BP2K2Max
02-20-2006, 01:56 PM
you need a line output convertor to get a non bose stereo to work wit bose speakers. you can't just pop one out and put the other in.

check out this thread:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=495964
or run a search on "Bose" radio. it's been discussed before.

tela4422
02-20-2006, 02:02 PM
thats exactly what I was looking for. Thanks alot.

BP2K2Max
02-20-2006, 02:17 PM
no prob, good luck.

dfownz
02-22-2006, 08:28 AM
I popped in a Kenwood deck and it works fine in my car......did I just get lucky?

BP2K2Max
02-22-2006, 02:33 PM
u probably don't have the bose radio.

dfownz
02-22-2006, 10:00 PM
It says Bose on my back middle speaker.

BP2K2Max
02-23-2006, 12:14 AM
It says Bose on my back middle speaker.
you don't get any extra noise? did you put the stereo in or was it done professionally. i've read that it can be done if you're willing to do a little bit of rewiring or if you can get a head unit with an amp that can drive a 2 ohm load which is what the bose uses, i'm not really much of a car audio guy and i don't like wiring, so i like to keep it easy. the output convertor has a lot of different uses. i used it to run an aftermarket deck in my old maxima, now i use it to run aftermarket subs in my new maxima, and if you wanted to you could use it to replace all the factory speakers and still use the stock head unit. it just lets you interface aftermakret components with factory stereo's that use amplified speakers easily.

dfownz
02-23-2006, 12:57 PM
I just bought a wiring harness and connected the wires to that and then snapped the plastic square connectors to the ones that were originally in the back of the bose deck. I don't get any extra noise or anything.

Add your comment to this topic!