Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

I need 3.1 torque specs please!

spacepiston
02-19-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm in the process of replacing my intake gaskets on my 95 grand prix. I have the new torque specs for the lower intake. I read in a previous post that 120-136 in. lbs of torque are required for the upper plenum, but is there any particular order to torque the plenum?

Another torque concern has to do with the rocker arm bolts. I had to loosen several of the rocker arm bolts to get the push rods out of the way in order to access the gaskets. Now I don't know what they need to be tightened to, outside of how tight they felt when I loosened them. Any help here?

Also, I have two O-rings the dealership gave me to replace while I'm in here.. One was for some oil pump seal and the other I don't know. One is black one is a brownish-orange I guess. I'll have to look better tomorrow to see where they might go. Any help would be appreciated though.

This puppy is some serious work! I just want to make sure I put it back together right. Thanks in advance!

BNaylor
02-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Checkout Autozone Repair Info. Your answer is there someplace under rocker arms and intake manifold.

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/0e/cb/46/0900823d800ecb46.jsp

StevePT
02-20-2006, 04:04 PM
The brownish o-ring you're talking about is the oil pump drive shaft o-ring. On the RH side of the engine you'll see a gray colored cap just back from the thermostat water neck. The gray cap is held down by a black distributor hold down piece and one bolt. Take the bolt out, pull straight up on the gray cap and then you'll find the brown o-ring you need to replace.

Not sure about the black o-ring. Could it be the thermostat seal? Did it come in an AC Delco package and do you have the P/N?

spacepiston
02-20-2006, 06:50 PM
The brownish o-ring you're talking about is the oil pump drive shaft o-ring. On the RH side of the engine you'll see a gray colored cap just back from the thermostat water neck. The gray cap is held down by a black distributor hold down piece and one bolt. Take the bolt out, pull straight up on the gray cap and then you'll find the brown o-ring you need to replace.

Not sure about the black o-ring. Could it be the thermostat seal? Did it come in an AC Delco package and do you have the P/N?
Thanks, I saw that cap and I wondered...

The two seals I got from the dealer were: 10477565 for 2.17 (i think this was the oil shaft seal)
THe other: 10189205 which was 8.49 described as "sealer-th". Apparently it's a EGR valve seal or something along those lines...it doesn't look like it would work well there though.. I think I'm just going to use RTV where I need it and return this one.

Thanks again.

richtazz
02-21-2006, 06:34 PM
your 95 model could have roller rocker arms, or ball and pivot style, and the torque values and proceedure are different on each type if the link Bob provided didn't answer you questions.

Add your comment to this topic!